• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

I think the question is - does your neighbor still get in trouble for beating his wife and kids. Or more specifically, if he was going public that Nike was paying kids to go to Duke and UNC, do they all still get in trouble?

Specifically, Duke and UNC don't get in trouble

Pitino got blackmailed and it caused him 15 seconds of misery when the truth came out, er, was revealed

I think the question is - does your neighbor still get in trouble for beating his wife and kids. Or more specifically, if he was going public that Nike was paying kids to go to Duke and UNC, do they all still get in trouble?
Sure. You don't get excused from a crime just because your criminal act was revealed by someone who committed a crime themselves.

That said, while dude will get locked up for beating his wife, what happens in NCAA land is a whole other story.

Specifically, Duke and UNC don't get in trouble

Pitino got blackmailed and it caused him 15 seconds of misery when the truth came out, er, was revealed

Pretty sure that having a brief affair on a restaurant bathroom floor isn't illegal (or against NCAA rules).

Pretty sure that having a brief affair on a restaurant bathroom floor isn't illegal (or against NCAA rules).

point is, the dirt came to light

if there is real dirt, and if the AAU coach wants to talk about, he will

So is he a "celebrity lawyer" because he is a lawyer to celebrities or because he is both a lawyer and a celebrity? Article left out this important context.

Mike made bail and he's tweeting:

When will we see Congressional hearings? Is this not as important as steroids in baseball? Who will play the Raffy role?

Want to hear about allegations of Nike payments to Zion and RJ Barrett.

I guess I didn't realize that Arizona is a Nike school since they were connected to the bribery scandal involving Adidas

Not that it wouldn't be cool to see K and company go down, but I'm much more excited to see if UNC gets wrapped up in this. Because fuck UNC!

I guess I didn't realize that Arizona is a Nike school since they were connected to the bribery scandal involving Adidas

I think AZ popped up in the Adidas part, because an Adidas rep was alleged to have told another Adidas employee that Nike/AZ was offering Nassir Little $150K to go to AZ, and that they would have to match or come close to that to get him to go to Miami. And then of course he ends up at UNC...

Back