• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can Someone Make Sense Of The Cowboys Taking A Knee During National Anthem?

[/B]

This is not true. I don't like their way the message is presented.

They are very respectfully taking a knee and many of them place their hands over their heart. The entire idea came from advice from a navy seal when Kaep asked how he could bring awareness without offending the military members who serve faithfully for our country.

If there is one thing the left has right in this whole ordeal, it is that this is about as picture perfect a non violent protest as you can get. It's embarrassing that people are attacking the method. This is the exact way to bring light to issues that a person feels are important. Whether the issue has merit or not can be debated in the public square, but coming out against the vehicle (respectfully kneeling during the playing of our anthem) is borderline asinine (probably not borderline).

i believe the kneeling is about the "gay agenda" but I could be wrong

His guy gets it. Like Popovich.

Look how uncomfortable jhmd is to see how it's working

"It's working" like most Dem policies "work." It does absolutely nothing to solve any problem, but guilty white snowflakes feel better about themselves (the original objective all along).

"It's working" like most Dem policies "work." It does absolutely nothing to solve any problem, but guilty white snowflakes feel better about themselves (the original objective all along).

Look how upset you are. Look at the company you keep on this issue. Lol

They are very respectfully taking a knee and many of them place their hands over their heart. The entire idea came from advice from a navy seal when Kaep asked how he could bring awareness without offending the military members who serve faithfully for our country.

If there is one thing the left has right in this whole ordeal, it is that this is about as picture perfect a non violent protest as you can get. It's embarrassing that people are attacking the method. This is the exact way to bring light to issues that a person feels are important. Whether the issue has merit or not can be debated in the public square, but coming out against the vehicle (respectfully kneeling during the playing of our anthem) is borderline asinine (probably not borderline).

Agreed.

So when protesters use this method, the opposition to their cause don't have the guts to do anything but attack the method. Why don't they honestly just discuss the content of the protest?

The protesting is obviously ineffective in what you think (claim) its trying to achieve, yet the protest is only growing in numbers. It's very likely that you just don't understand the strategy. You're focused on the short term reactionary white conservative anger as a result of the protest, when that anger is merely a predictable consequence. "Gotta crack an egg to make an omelet" and so on.

When have white conservatives not gotten angry about black people demanding equality?

When have white conservatives not gotten angry about black people demanding equality?

When have leftists not gotten angry when conservatives point to glaring statistics that are far more likely causes of inequity than systemic racism?

Because it now entails more that Kaepernick's protest. Now it's about coaches and owners standing up for each other and not really about police brutality. I mean, it is to some no doubt, but when half the fucking NFL is doing it now, it clearly isn't. When the POTUS comes out and says you should fire any SOB who kneels, it provides a rare opportunity for the players and owners to be on the same page. Players are saying fuck you Trump and the owners are saying I'm not going to fire anybody for this because (1) I can't, and (2) it's free speech, so fuck you Trump too. Trump is a uniter after all.

Because it now entails more that Kaepernick's protest. Now it's about coaches and owners standing up for each other and not really about police brutality. I mean, it is to some no doubt, but when half the fucking NFL is doing it now, it clearly isn't. When the POTUS comes out and says you should fire any SOB who kneels, it provides a rare opportunity for the players and owners to be on the same page. Players are saying fuck you Trump and the owners are saying I'm not going to fire anybody for this because (1) I can't, and (2) it's free speech, so fuck you Trump too. Trump is a uniter after all.

so trump is basically batman uniting gotham against the vigilante i dig it

Better I saw is trump is opposite Midas. Everything trump touches turns to shit, everything trump shits on turns to gold.

When have leftists not gotten angry when conservatives point to glaring statistics that are far more likely causes of inequity than systemic racism?

statistics cause inequity?

or, is it conservative pointing to statistics that causes inequity?

the owners are saying I'm not going to fire anybody for this because (1) I can't, and (2) it's free speech, so fuck you Trump too. Trump is a uniter after all.

Free speech does not apply here... the government can't censor speech but an employer can (I provided some examples in a previous post)

As such, employers can fire anybody if they violate company policy even if it is what they say

Doesn't the NFL have a rule that players must stand for the anthem? If so, then those that don't are breaking company rules and therefore there are grounds for termination

If you want to appeal to reason, you make a reasoned argument. If you want to appeal to emotion, you make a symbolic gesture.

The more I reflect on this comment the more I become upset... if this is not a racist statement I don't know what is! You have lumped a group of people into a bucket with a general negative dismissive accusation which is the epitome of racism (that you accuse the other group of feeling). Good Lord, be honest with yourself to realize you are as racist as those you accuse of being racist against you.

Back