• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can Someone Make Sense Of The Cowboys Taking A Knee During National Anthem?

I mean trump throws his supporters under the bus left and right. I mean they were adamantly defending not lifting the Jones act, coming up with all kinds of excuses, wake up the next morning trump has lifted it.

Mind boggling. I hope they never see another NFL game and sit around moping and grumbling about blacks every Sunday - while us grown ups accept peaceful protests, addressing uncomfortable aspects of American culture, and know how to honor the troops at the same time.

Last edited:
The comments under that story are great. These people can dish it but can't take it. My kids have thicker skin

The new line is that locking arms is disrespectful and should have hand over heart

Palmetto Restaurant and Ale House In Greenville, SC.

Will not go there.

Someone asked a while back and maybe it came up but there is no rule mandating players stand. The rule says they “should” stand

Well if it hadn't already, kneeling and locking arms no longer represents a protest against police brutality and racial inequality, but now a "sign of respect for all." Which of course is not a bad thing in its own right, but not at all what CK was trying to bring awareness to

Basically what Trump wanted---to undercut the message and make it about the way it was being presented instead of the actual problem. Much easier to fight the protest instead of what is being protested.

Well if it hadn't already, kneeling and locking arms no longer represents a protest against police brutality and racial inequality, but now a "sign of respect for all." Which of course is not a bad thing in its own right, but not at all what CK was trying to bring awareness to

Basically what Trump wanted---to undercut the message and make it about the way it was being presented instead of the actual problem. Much easier to fight the protest instead of what is being protested.

right, it's now the "all lives matter" of protests, and we can get on with our lives not giving a shit about people of color.

I said that days ago on the other thread, glad to see you rubes are now beginning to see the light.

How has police brutality been affected by these protests?

Just over the last week you can see how useless the protests have become. Police brutality has been replaced by unity. Kneeling and sitting have been replaced by interlocking arms. Protesting the anthem is now protesting before the anthem. This thing jumped the shark without one ounce of actual effect, other than the NFL's ratings going up for this coming weekend. Trump and Jerry Jones played this like the violin and completely shifted everything. But congrats if it makes you feel better, you really stuck it to the man.

Jerry knows what is good for him and the owners and the NFL. No way can an NFL owner go to a city with a straight face asking for $500mil of tax dollars for a new stadium if the players are directly protesting the same flag/anthem that generates said tax dollars. No politician in the country would agree to that. As it is the damage might be done on that depending on who is next in line for a new stadium. You can be damn sure that the owners are going to bring that up during the next CBA negotiation. Talk about a salary cramdown. And Demorris "Bulldozed" Smith got reelected? Good luck with that, NFLPA.

The new line is that locking arms is disrespectful and should have hand over heart

Likely coming from the sort of crowd that, if they ever bothered to shut up during the anthem, yells shit like Home of the Wolfpack to mangle the lyrics of this apparently sacred prayer song.

22008094_10211864500222669_708280745899560381_n.jpg

I've been to a zillion live sporting events, including every WF home basketball game from 1975 to 2010 (give or take a few in college), and I recall most people in the stands standing but not all. Maybe half and half hand on heart. Maybe 1 third of men removing hats.

Acting like this song is some sacred moment of warmed heart-cockles is a load of shit. Go get some nachos, fatty

Well, the establishment really doesn't pay much attention to blacks peacefully protesting in other forums. They pay a little lip service and go on with their day, and racist actions being defended by the establishment, cops who kill unarmed black citizens getting acquitted, and guys like Zimmerman getting acquitted and people defending him continue.

So, these football players took it to a forum that would gain a lot of attention, and now you are complaining that your thrilling last lines of the anthem and the cheering are being disturbed. That is the point, riscdeac. To make the establishment pay attention and take away their fun for a few moments to stop and fucking think. Right now, all of you are bitching and moaning about their demonstration because you are triggered snowflakes, and that's ok. This idiot President has given this protest just what it needed.

Kneeling=protest against police brutality
Locking arms=unity

At least thats how I see it. Some of the arm-linkers last weekend were kneeling, others were standing. While I would guess we'll see more players than ever going full Kaepernick, many of the others just were deminstrating respect and support for the teammates who wanted to express themselves. Villanueva of Pittsburgh got-and gave-the same support in various interviews, despite what some foxnews/breitbart headlines suggested.

Is taking a knee all about police brutality? I heard Lebron say something different.

Is Lebron taking a knee? As has been stated, those taking a knee have voiced their intent. Ph is right. People like you just don’t like the message, or the messengers, so are distorting it into something it is not.

[/B]

This is not true. I don't like their way the message is presented.

A segment of our population has a history of being brutalized in this country and you don’t like the way they are asking (non-violently) for justice and safety?!? Look in the mirror, Risc. Who do you think that makes you?

Back