• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can Someone Make Sense Of The Cowboys Taking A Knee During National Anthem?

oldmandeac

Reaction score
Help me out on this one...

This whole notion of taking a knee during the playing of the National Anthem was a protest about police shootings of black men...

In Dallas, five officers were murdered by a gunman and the Cowboys unsuccessfully tried to get a tribute sticker approved for their helmets in support of the police...

Less, than a year later, the whole team including the owner takes a knee...

This sends a mixed message to me. Are the Cowboys pro police or anti-police?

I am also amazed that Jerry Jones could stand back up given his age but that is an aside...

Help me out on this one...

This whole notion of taking a knee during the playing of the National Anthem was a protest about police shootings of black men...

In Dallas, five officers were murdered by a gunman and the Cowboys unsuccessfully tried to get a tribute sticker approved for their helmets in support of the police...

Less, than a year later, the whole team including the owner takes a knee...

This sends a mixed message to me. Are the Cowboys pro police or anti-police?

I am also amazed that Jerry Jones could stand back up given his age but that is an aside...

They took a knee before the National Anthem. They stood for the Anthem

I know this is crazy but... you can be pro police and also against prejudiced / brutal treatment of minorities. Unless you think every police officer is evil, in which case you’re a dotard.

Taking a knee is not anti-police you donk.

Taking a knee is not anti-police you donk.

Then what was Kapernick's original protest for? It was related to black lives matter which was based in police actions against black men was it not?

What has this morphed into as the cause if not the original reason?

Had to read into the 2nd or 3rd paragraph to find a reference to the Cowboys being pre-anthem. That only confuses me more as to what point they are trying to make by doing that...

Freedom of expression? It has its limits...you can't yell fire in a theater/public space if there is none. Try using your freedom of expression to tell your boss or any superior at your work place what you really think of them and see what happens. Try expressing you are pro Islam or pro abortion if you work at Hobby Lobby.

Then what was Kapernick's original protest for? It was related to black lives matter which was based in police actions against black men was it not?

Had to read into the 2nd or 3rd paragraph to find a reference to the Cowboys being pre-anthem. That only confuses me more as to what point they are trying to make by doing that...

Freedom of expression? It has its limits...you can't yell fire in a theater/public space if there is none. Try using your freedom of expression to tell your boss or any superior at your work place what you really think of them and see what happens. Try expressing you are pro Islam or pro abortion if you work at Hobby Lobby.

None of the posters on this message board are qualified to get a job at Hobby Lobby.

Are you for police brutality?

If not, does that mean you're not pro-police?

Last edited:
LOL. I didn't even realize risc was gone. BKF's alter-ego perhaps?

People taking a knee after largely said the same thing. Can you find anybody who took a knee who said he was doing it against the military and veterans?

I doubt it.

People like you simply don't like the message that people are against police brutality, but you realize it's pretty screwed up to come off for it. So you twist it into something you can stand against.

Is taking a knee all about police brutality? I heard Lebron say something different.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...-players-cavaliers/1a5pklyttet5n1p6bc441mjiw2

In a wide-ranging discussion at Cavaliers media day Monday, James spoke several times about the controversy surrounding President Donald Trump's recent comments about athlete protests — without mentioning the president by name.

While he said he "wouldn't be surprised" if NBA players followed the lead of their NFL counterparts who have taken a knee during the anthem, he had this to say about his own plans:

"My voice and what I do in my community is more powerful than getting on a knee. … It's not about the disrespect of the flag and our military, it's about equality and the freedom to speak about things they feel are unjust."

And he hasn't abandoned his
Community like some others. He didn't mention police brutality (which was
Pure class). Unjust covers a broad range including brutality
But much more.

Hold up. He said "it's about equality and the freedom to speak about things they feel are unjust" and you don't think that is about police brutality?

You don't see how you're willfully ignoring the obvious here? Lebron wore an "I Can't Breathe" t-shirt during warmups to protest killing of Eric Garner. He's spoken up on these issues before.

People are taking shits in the stadium bathroom and getting nachos during the anthem, y'all are aware of that aren't you?

Fuck the national anthem. You people have taken a nice tribute and turned into some insane litmus test. Weirdos

From now on I'm not standing for the national anthem. Each time I attend a game and sit during it, I am sending $50 to a Veterans cause instead.

I am or I am not playing the anthem on my computer right now. Hope you're standing

Risc complains about Kaepernck and NFL players protesting during the anthem. Voted for a man who disrespects veterans and dodged the draft. Makes sense.

Back