• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

What’s wild to me about this is so many people became galvanized pubs in response to Bill Clinton’s immorality like my folks, yet they will certainly defend Moore like they defend Trump. Republicanism really has become its own religion

So is this post an endorsement of Moore's defense or an FYI for the posters here?

Last edited:

Remember when Republicans cared about protecting 14 year old girls?

Oh that was from trans women in bathrooms.

Remember when Republicans cared about protecting 14 year old girls?

Oh that was from trans women in bathrooms.

The defense of Moore's alleged actions by some on the right is fucking infuriating and makes my skin crawl.

If you want to say he's innocent until proven guilty or until he can disprove the allegation (doubt anyone can bring charges at this point)...then fine.

But don't fucking defend the abuse of a 14 year old by saying "it's a much ado about nothing", "oh he was 32 and it was so long ago" or "Joseph slept with Mary therefore pedophilia is okay".

For the record: the WAPO article is very carefully written and sourced including 4 victims who went on the record. In the court of newenglanddeac, he is a disgrace to the country, the Republican Party and to common decency.

Last edited:
After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."

LOL. Given the prevalence of Southern Baptists and fundamentalists generally in a state like Alabama, I'd be willing to bet that people like this won't vote for Jones because he's "pro-abortion, pro-gay, anti-Christian [or their version of it], anti-traditional family values." Yet, in 2016 they voted for a guy as president who repeatedly violated virtually every one of the values they claim to stand for, and Jesus spoke for. Now, they may very well elect a man who is a pedophile to the US Senate because they're worried about transgender folks molesting underage girls - which is exactly what Moore is actually accused of doing. Sometimes you can't make this stuff up.

For the record: the WAPO article is very carefully written and sourced including 4 victims who went on the record. In the court of newenglanddeac, he is a disgrace to the country, the Republican Party and to common decency.

30 related sources...

Someone please get a microphone in front of Trump to get a comment on this

Add another one to the list. Hannity now defending abuse of a 14 year old girl because it was "consensual". He was fucking 32!

My head is about to explode.

What’s wild to me about this is so many people became galvanized pubs in response to Bill Clinton’s immorality like my folks, yet they will certainly defend Moore like they defend Trump. Republicanism really has become its own religion

More like a cult, though same same?

Add another one to the list. Hannity now defending abuse of a 14 year old girl because it was "consensual". He was fucking 32!

My head is about to explode.

If you want take your head from "about to explode" to KABOOM, then read the responses on the 4 tweets Moore made in post 182.

The Alabama Republican Party and local consultants are a bunch of intellectually dishonest hacks.

Paul Reynolds, the Republican National Committeeman from Alabama, told The Hill that something about the timing of the accusation and the Post's role breaking the story "doesn't smell right."

"My gosh, it's The Washington Post. If I've got a choice of putting my welfare into the hands of Putin or The Washington Post, Putin wins every time," he said.

"This is going to make Roy Moore supporters step up to the plate and give more, work more and pray more."

Jonathan Gray, an Alabama Republican strategist, noted that Alabama Republicans are not willing to put their Senate seat at risk, arguing that they'd rather vote for anyone over a Democrat.

"I think they'd rather put Satan up there and then get him removed in the next election than lose the chance to correct what they think has been an injustice for eight years," Gray told The Hill.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359715-gop-scrambles-to-respond-to-moore-allegations?amp

If Roy Moore wins I might have to start looking for another job.

I served as an assistant district attorney here in Huntsville from 1979-1989. Roy worked in the same capacity at that time in Gadsden, Alabama, where he still lives. Roy was the laughing stock of our state DA's association then. He was giving a his closing argument to the jury in a stabbing case. He got so worked up in his argument that in his demonstration of the attack he stabbed himself with the knife. He had to be taken immediately to the hospital.

I have often thought that it was a good thing for him that it was not a sodomy case.

Jesus. Good thing he carries a gun for campaign rallies now.

roy-moore.jpg

Back