• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

It’s not surprising that pubs would defend it as consensual. When the leader of their party’s wife was 14, he was 38.

Good lord, this is so bad... Watch him win still. Bama is pretty back asswards

They skipped the "let's wait for all the facts" phase or "that crazy woman is lying" phase and went straight to "it's not a problem at all." #goteam

The Alabama Republican Party and local consultants are a bunch of intellectually dishonest hacks.

Paul Reynolds, the Republican National Committeeman from Alabama, told The Hill that something about the timing of the accusation and the Post's role breaking the story "doesn't smell right."

"My gosh, it's The Washington Post. If I've got a choice of putting my welfare into the hands of Putin or The Washington Post, Putin wins every time," he said.

"This is going to make Roy Moore supporters step up to the plate and give more, work more and pray more."

Jonathan Gray, an Alabama Republican strategist, noted that Alabama Republicans are not willing to put their Senate seat at risk, arguing that they'd rather vote for anyone over a Democrat.

"I think they'd rather put Satan up there and then get him removed in the next election than lose the chance to correct what they think has been an injustice for eight years," Gray told The Hill.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359715-gop-scrambles-to-respond-to-moore-allegations?amp

Move to Russia or hell then. Feel free to take Roy Moore with you.

The same party who voted in a congressman who assaulted someone right before the election too.

He will definitely win. Jhmd will be around the bump this thread with pride when it happens.

I don't say this often, but the Administration and 'pub leadership in the Senate deserve credit for saying that Moore needs to step down.

After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."

This sounds like something I've heard before. "I'm not a racist, but...."

A female Fox Legal Analyst says sexual assault/harassment victims are "very few, far between."

Disgusting.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/...arassment-are-very-few-and-far-between/218510

"SEAN HANNITY (HOST): This goes back what you said. Do people do it for money, do they do it for political reasons? It is more common than people would think?

MERCEDES COLWIN: Oh definitely. They’ll do this –

HANNITY: They will lie to make money.

COLWIN: Undoubtedly. I mean there are individuals that come forward with these outrageous allegations and –

HANNITY: That hurts all women that are victims.

COLWIN: Yes, I used to work in sex crimes in the DA’s office, it was very pitiful to see that because some jurors don’t believe it because they’ve gone, in their own lives they’ve made these accusations for money. You see this time and time and time again. And sexual harassment that term is coined everywhere. Frankly the laws are very clear in terms of what it takes in order to be a violation of the law. You have to have some sort of damage. These individuals, a lot of these women, it's all about money. And they bank on the fact that these corporations have a reputation that they want to save.

HANNITY: And this is where you thread the needle because there are victims of predators.

COLWIN: There are, there are. But very few, far between."

LOL. Given the prevalence of Southern Baptists and fundamentalists generally in a state like Alabama, I'd be willing to bet that people like this won't vote for Jones because he's "pro-abortion, pro-gay, anti-Christian [or their version of it], anti-traditional family values." Yet, in 2016 they voted for a guy as president who repeatedly violated virtually every one of the values they claim to stand for, and Jesus spoke for. Now, they may very well elect a man who is a pedophile to the US Senate because they're worried about transgender folks molesting underage girls - which is exactly what Moore is actually accused of doing. Sometimes you can't make this stuff up.

Democrats, remember, are the epitome of evil. They are the antithesis of Christ. Any Republican at least acknowledges the correct worldview.

David French weighs in for the conservative perspective.
http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...legations-shouldnt-be-dismissed-conservatives

Reading between several lines here, it seems one conservative strategy is for the establishment to not support him, but hope he wins, and then remove him from office to trigger another special election.

Right, I think their preferred outcome would be for Moore to remove himself from the nomination (not going to happen) now. It's too late to take him off the actual ballot for the election, so their hope is that he still wins, prompting a special election. The GOP saves face and gets to retain the senate seat without having to have Moore in the senate.

David French weighs in for the conservative perspective.
http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...legations-shouldnt-be-dismissed-conservatives

Reading between several lines here, it seems one conservative strategy is for the establishment to not support him, but hope he wins, and then remove him from office to trigger another special election.

Will this take another year? Our elections take forever.

ETA: I mean, would it take a year if Moore won, was sworn in, and resigned the next day. If he didn't , they'd have to impeach him, right? Moore thinks he's on a mission from God, so he might not leave so easily.

Last edited:

A female Fox Legal Analyst says sexual assault/harassment victims are "very few, far between."

Disgusting.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/...arassment-are-very-few-and-far-between/218510

"SEAN HANNITY (HOST): This goes back what you said. Do people do it for money, do they do it for political reasons? It is more common than people would think?

MERCEDES COLWIN: Oh definitely. They’ll do this –

HANNITY: They will lie to make money.

COLWIN: Undoubtedly. I mean there are individuals that come forward with these outrageous allegations and –

HANNITY: That hurts all women that are victims.

COLWIN: Yes, I used to work in sex crimes in the DA’s office, it was very pitiful to see that because some jurors don’t believe it because they’ve gone, in their own lives they’ve made these accusations for money. You see this time and time and time again. And sexual harassment that term is coined everywhere. Frankly the laws are very clear in terms of what it takes in order to be a violation of the law. You have to have some sort of damage. These individuals, a lot of these women, it's all about money. And they bank on the fact that these corporations have a reputation that they want to save.

HANNITY: And this is where you thread the needle because there are victims of predators.

COLWIN: There are, there are. But very few, far between."

The problem with this is that Hannity's listeners are from rural areas where sexual assaults in the workplace are uncommon. It just panders to a crowd that has A: Never lived in a city larger than 50k, and B: Have probably never worked in a diverse office of more than 10 people. There is nothing wrong with that life/set up, but you are completely removed from major issues that take place in many large work spaces.

Last edited:
The problem with this is that Hannity's listeners are from rural areas where sexual assaults in the workplace are uncommon. It just panders to a crowd that has A: Never lived in a city larger than 50k, and B: Have probably never worked in a diverse office of more than 10 people. There is nothing wrong with that life/set up, but you are completely removed from major issues that take place in many large work spaces.

Reports of sexual assaults are uncommon.*

"Yeah!" Covington County GOP Chairman William Blocker tells me he'd consider voting Moore even if hard proof of sexual abuse emerged.

"There is NO option to support to support Doug Jones, the Democratic nominee. When you do that, you are supporting the entire Democrat party."

Back