• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

Fox News has an "opinion" piece which basically admits that Moore may be a sleazebag with low morals, but says that it's the fault of Democrats that he may still be elected to the Senate. He does say that Moore is now "a happily married man" (has nothing to do with the allegations), that the charges are decades old, and uses the usual deflection to Harvey Weinstein and the other usual Fox News suspects. The Democratic "war" to destroy the culture of decent, God-fearing Christian white folk may drive (force) these poor folks to vote for an accused pedophile to protect their culture. It's all the Democrats fault that GOP voters may not be free to exercise those values they keep talking about so much. Apparently, GOP voters are never actually responsible for their voting choices. Sounds familiar to some things I've read here.

The Fox News article: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/10/erick-erickson-dont-blame-roy-moore-voters-for-sticking-with-him.html

Jhmd has a side gig writing copy for Fox? Sweet

"What’s it going to take, Alabama voter?

What’s it going to take before you realize that your family values, my-sin-is-better-than-your-sin, conservative voting approach has produced a state government filled with lying, cheating, sexually assaulting, money-grubbing criminals who have embarrassed us countless times, and on top of everything, mismanaged the hell out of this place?

I’m serious.

Take a look around you.

We’re terrible as a state. We’re near the bottom in public education, medical care, infrastructure, economy and upward mobility and at the top in infant mortality, poverty, obesity and political corruption."

http://www.alreporter.com/2017/11/10/no-bottom-roy-moore-republicans/

People treat Bill Clinton as the norm instead of an outlier. He got away with stuff that sank Gary Hart only four years earlier.

He won a primary with a weak field because Dems thought they'd be opposing a popular war president. He won the general with 43% of the vote.

Bill was an anomaly and I doubt someone with that baggage could win in 2020.

Who are the Dem kiddie diddlers? Names?

Epstein. The Pubs were wanting to use Epstein as an issue in 2016 but then realized they couldn't because of Trump's close ties to Epstein.

Agree that Bubba is an outlier. Though we did nominate and elect him when he had some salacious sex stories out there.

Have the Dems dismissed it as "locker room talk" or "it doesn't matter because it was 30 years ago" or "it was ok for Mary and Joseph"

It's been a long time, but the Bubba stuff back in the day was dismissed by Dems pretty aggressively. But as I said in response to Ph, I don't think that would happen today. For example, Weinstein has been roundly denounced by Dems.

How Republicans are trying to stop Roy Moore

An alleged child predator could join the Senate after Alabama's Dec. 12 special election, and Republican senators are scrambling to find a way to stop it, NYT reports. Between multiple calls and texts, they've weighed everything from fielding not one, but two write-in candidates to challenge Roy Moore, delaying the election altogether, or blocking Moore from joining if he wins the election.

I voted for Bob Dole in Clinton's reelection bid. Only time I have voted for a Pub in quite some time.

Pub leaders in Ala are saying that they would vote for a pedophile because of the R next to his name when I am sure most of the reason is that he support "Godly" social conservative causes. That is some sick stuff.

Moore is being totally defiant. Why did the women wait forty years? Why before an election? I didn't give alcohol or even beer to underage women.

From today's wall street:

“I have never provided alcohol to minors, and I have never engaged in sexual misconduct,” he said in a statement Friday. In an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity, Mr. Moore said he didn’t recall dating “any girl without the permission of her mother.” Asked to say he never dated anybody in their late teens when he was 32, Mr. Moore said, “It would’ve been out of…my customary behavior.”

From today's wall street:

“I have never provided alcohol to minors, and I have never engaged in sexual misconduct,” he said in a statement Friday. In an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity, Mr. Moore said he didn’t recall dating “any girl without the permission of her mother.” Asked to say he never dated anybody in their late teens when he was 32, Mr. Moore said, “It would’ve been out of…my customary behavior.”

Interesting use of "dating" here.

In other words, he fondled a 14 year old girl just like the 30 person sourced WAPO article including the victim states.

It's been a long time, but the Bubba stuff back in the day was dismissed by Dems pretty aggressively. But as I said in response to Ph, I don't think that would happen today. For example, Weinstein has been roundly denounced by Dems.

That’s a donor. The bubba stuff was still dismissed even 12 months ago.

Roy Moore sounds like a perv, I hope he gets what he deserves

That’s a donor. The bubba stuff was still dismissed even 12 months ago.

Roy Moore sounds like a perv, I hope he gets what he deserves

What Bubba stuff was dismissed? The biracial love child? A guy can be a creep without everything being true.

Who are the other Dem politicians who have had wide support despite serious allegation of pedophilia or sexual assault?

By the way, I supported Bush in 1992 and voted for Dole in 1996 because of the allegations against Bill. My first vote for a Clinton was last November against a man with many allegations of sexual assault.

Would be much harder for Bubba to make a political rise in 2017

Republican Governor of Maryland:

I don't doubt that Moore is a pedophile and I don't doubt that Clinton is a rapist. My head hurts trying to understand how people can reasonably doubt either point, support either person, or support one but give the other a pass.

Back