• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

It's not news that sexual relationships between grown men and teenage girls aren't as frowned upon in some parts of the country.

Look up the disparities in teen marriage laws.

I don't doubt that Moore is a pedophile and I don't doubt that Clinton is a rapist. My head hurts trying to understand how people can reasonably doubt either point, support either person, or support one but give the other a pass.
But, as people continue to point out -- over and over again -- only one of these two people is running for public office.

So would Moore get the same pass from Bama voters if there were Spacey-esque of him and teenage boys?

I actually think he would. If you're willing to defend or explain away a 32 year old picking up a 14 year old girl outside of a state house while her mom goes to a custody hearing...and then fondling said girl...you'll defend anything for politics.

Given all of the Southern Baptist and fundamentalist churches in Alabama, I wonder how many of their pastors tomorrow will find some way to work their current candidate's crisis into the worship service and reassure the faithful that it's still OK to vote for him. Not mention it directly, of course (at least I would hope not), but just point out all of those Old Testament holy men who had young wives, or that God uses sinners to do His bidding, or that gays and abortionists and secular big-city heathens are so bad that flawed men may be necessary to stop them, or some such line. You know it will happen in some of these churches.

Still haven't seen any Republicans endorse Doug Jones. I did see Murkowski talked up a Strange write-in.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/alabama-republican-voters-stand-roy-moore-n819906

The attitude of the Alabama GOP has already been discussed, but this article just confirms it. Not only did all of the Republicans interviewed defend Moore and say they'll still vote for him, but one even said [Doug] "Jones is an absolutely immoral man" for supporting a woman's right to have an abortion. Jesus, man, your candidate is facing serious and multiple charges of pedophilia, but it's the other party that is "immoral?" There's also the usual country fundie Baptist church minister (and banjo player) who's still backing Moore, and lots of rural folks convinced this is nothing but a big Yankee librul news media scam to take down their hero, God-fearin' Roy Moore. Gawd.

Yep abortion (pro-life—anti-abortion) is the linchpin for a great majority of Pubs. And it makes some sense. If you see abortion as the killing of baby humans it’s a tough issue to overcome. Almost any other moral deficiency in your party or its candidates might be merely a lesser evil than supporting the party of baby killers. For them, it’s not about women’s rights or any other potentially important issue but baby killing.

Given all of the Southern Baptist and fundamentalist churches in Alabama, I wonder how many of their pastors tomorrow will find some way to work their current candidate's crisis into the worship service and reassure the faithful that it's still OK to vote for him. Not mention it directly, of course (at least I would hope not), but just point out all of those Old Testament holy men who had young wives, or that God uses sinners to do His bidding, or that gays and abortionists and secular big-city heathens are so bad that flawed men may be necessary to stop them, or some such line. You know it will happen in some of these churches.

I'm hearing the same excuse they gave Donald. Moore needs to be forgiven. God is about forgiveness. Does this apply to Democrats? Hillary should be locked up of course. There is no question about it.

Yep abortion (pro-life—anti-abortion) is the linchpin for a great majority of Pubs. And it makes some sense. If you see abortion as the killing of baby humans it’s a tough issue to overcome. Almost any other moral deficiency in your party or its candidates might be merely a lesser evil than supporting the party of baby killers. For them, it’s not about women’s rights or any other potentially important issue but baby killing.

They want all the babies born but want in no way to support them or the mothers after they're born

If you have an abortion and wait until marriage to have kids, Republicans think you're responsible.

If you don't have an abortion and have a kid before marriage, Republicans think you're irresponsible.

And its a completely made-up political position. Evangelicals didn’t care about abortion until GOP operatives manufactured it into a wedge issue.

Brilliant politics from the GOP. Horrible governing.

I don't think he's talking about people here. I haven't seen any board conservatives give Moore a pass either.

Back