• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

Who is doing that? Most of the people on here were kids when Clinton was running.

They were not kids when Hillary was running and she led the attack on Bill's rape victims - i.e., she is responsible for the exact conduct that leads women to avoid reporting. But somehow she can run as a standard bearer on the issue of women's rights. This leaves room for people in Alabama to rationalize support for Moore as being bad but nothing worse than what everyone else does, including Hillary and Hollywood. Leadership on the issue requires consistency of standards.

They were not kids when Hillary was running and she led the attack on Bill's rape victims - i.e., she is responsible for the exact conduct that leads women to avoid reporting. But somehow she can run as a standard bearer on the issue of women's rights. This leaves room for people in Alabama to rationalize support for Moore as being bad but nothing worse than what everyone else does, including Hillary and Hollywood. Leadership on the issue requires consistency of standards.

She ran against someone who actually sexually abused women, so...

Always funny to see Trump voters argue from some moral high ground. What a horrible way to see the world. The wife of someone accused of sexual abuse 25 years ago is somehow morally below someone currently being accused of sexual abuse who has admitted as such.

AMC, why is it OK for a man to just grab a woman in the pussy?

And he is despicable, too. My point is that people who support Moore are part of the problem, people that support Trump are part of the problem and people that support either Clinton are part of the problem. It is simply not enough -- and not much at all -- to condemn candidates you will never get to vote for while voting for candidates that are also fostering the horrible way women are often treated in our society. Like Clapton said, "before you blame me, take a look at yourself."

Yep. The GOP's moral outrage is highly selective. They were upset that Hillary stuck by her man (isn't that what conservative women are supposed to do?) and stayed with Bill after accusations of adultery and sexual assault, yet these same moral crusaders somehow totally overlooked the fact that their own candidate actually admitted to sexual assault on tape, and had a very long history himself of disturbing and demeaning behavior towards women (such as walking through the dressing rooms of his beauty pageant to see teen girls in various stages of dress and undress). The Clintons are finished in politics, but Republicans are still obsessed with them - they've got to have a boogeyman to run against. Also, I would hope that people would agree that pedophilia is several levels worse than cheating on one's spouse. I mean to say, if your best defense of your candidate is that molesting underage girls isn't much worse than what the hated Bill Clinton did to adult women, then maybe you've got a problem. Particularly given that Moore's defenders are mostly proud Southern Baptists and fundamentalist Christians who love to climb on moral pedestals and sit in moral judgment of others, especially in sexual matters.

ETA: At least the Clintons, to my knowledge, have never called gays the things that Roy Moore and the Religious Right has, nor do they call for gay marriage to be overturned, nor are they currently calling gays "perverts" and Jones "immoral" for being pro-choice on abortion while also going to great lengths to defend a guy who has multiple, and detailed, charges of pedophilia being leveled at him. That takes some real cognitive and moral dissonance.

Last edited:
And he is despicable, too. My point is that people who support Moore are part of the problem, people that support Trump are part of the problem and people that support either Clinton are part of the problem. It is simply not enough -- and not much at all -- to condemn candidates you will never get to vote for while voting for candidates that are also fostering the horrible way women are often treated in our society. Like Clapton said, "before you blame me, take a look at yourself."

Whataboutism, wonderful.

Is now the appropriate time to ask BKF if he'd let Roy Moore babysit his granddaughter?

This is really really dangerous.

Always funny to see Trump voters argue from some moral high ground. What a horrible way to see the world. The wife of someone accused of sexual abuse 25 years ago is somehow morally below someone currently being accused of sexual abuse who has admitted as such.

AMC, why is it OK for a man to just grab a woman in the pussy?

It is absolutely not OK. I am disgusted that a pig like him won. I don't support Trump, have never supported Trump, did not vote for Trump, and never would vote for Trump. Moore is a pig, too. If I lived in Alabama, I would never vote for him.

By that same standard, it is absolutely not OK to support a woman who set out to systematically destroy the reputations of rape victims and it is nauseating to see her painted as a leader on women's rights.

Here is an example of the problem:
So what's the option? You have an admitted sexual assailant against a woman who supposedly led the attack on her husband's victims. The lesser of two evils seems pretty obvious to me.

"Supposedly"? We know Bill Clinton ejaculated on a young intern, we know he paid off a rape victim, we know there are several other credible accusers, and we know Hillary led the attack against these women. But Bill was the best fund raising draw for Democrats and Hillary was almost elected President.

Leadership requires you hold everyone to the same standard of conduct and put principle over politics. Everyone should oppose Moore and Trump. Everyone should call them out. But it is just politics if you fight against Moore and Trump but didn't or don't fight against Clinton. They are all scum.

Last edited:

Sorry, not buying it. A woman scorned is nothing compared to petaphelia.

That is BS logic

...and what is it in Alabama that makes you say

“fuck yeah, my candidate is petafile. Definitely voting for that a guy. Ok, let’s go to church.”

“fuck yeah, my candidate is petafile. Definitely voting for that a guy. Ok, let’s go to church.”

I assume it is more along the lines of "the left / Washington hates our guy so much that they're making up stories to try to bring him down, and if they hate him that much, he must be doing something right!"

They think the word “petafile” is some one who hate PETA.

What do you expect a spouse of an accuse sexual abuser to do? Billy Jeff lied to her too and she came out and defended her husband. Why would that be viewed as a shocking and deplorable act? Equating the defensive spouse of an accuse sexual abuser with the actual sexual abuser is really fucking dumb. Why are we talking about Hillary anyway?

AMC, do you have any examples of Dem sexual abusers from the last 10-15 years who have enjoyed support within their party?

By the way, I'm getting tired of board conservatives who lack the balls to stand up for Trump. We know you all voted for him. We know you will vote for him in 2020. Just admit it and try to engage in rational conversation to defend him.

Back