• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

AMC, do you have any examples of Dem sexual abusers from the last 10-15 years who have enjoyed support within their party?

By the way, I'm getting tired of board conservatives who lack the balls to stand up for Trump. We know you all voted for him. We know you will vote for him in 2020. Just admit it and try to engage in rational conversation to defend him.

TrolLoL

This is really really dangerous.

Just more evidence for what I've thought for a long, long time - Southern Baptists are far more Southern (as in rural, white Southern culture) than Baptist or Christian. They're far more Old Testament eye-for-an-eye type folks than New Testament, Sermon on the Mount. It really is a tribal thing, not moral. Sins are bad for non-fundamentalist conservative Christians, but sin is OK if it's one of their own under attack from "outsiders" (especially if the outside critics are non-Southern, non-rural, liberals). What really matters is supporting your own, no matter what they've done, no matter how much their actions violate the supposed moral and ethical code your church so loudly claims to support.

Last edited:
...and what is it in Alabama that makes you say

“fuck yeah, my candidate is petafile. Definitely voting for that a guy. Ok, let’s go to church.”

But the age of consent in AL is 8 1/2. A girl can get married at 9.

Facebook friend’s aunt posted this in response to an anti child molestation post:

“He or She who has never sineed, please cast the first stone. Give me a break ladies. Your right, INNOCENT until proven quilly. These girls should have come forward thirty years early, not just so happen while he’s running for something. For goodness sake, He was a judge, why did’nt they say something years ago when he was running to be a judge? I dont have time to look in Judge Roy Moore’s background of fifty years ago. You act like you have dont that, how about sharing some of you information that you say you dug up. In lighten me on his track record, since you have done some home work on Moore.”

And then some more:

“I am sorry to have rocked you to your core, but in this country The United States of America, YOU ARE innocent until proven guilty. I’m am not saying Moore is quilily or innocent, I know he is human and believe it or not WE as humans DO make mistakes. And Moore knows himself better than anybody thats earthly. Our God know’s ALL and you know the scriptures say YOUR SINS will find you out. And if he’s quility, I as a Christian will forgive him and you will too if your a Christian. Do I like or agree if he did these things to those girls? NO of course not. People who prey on children should be casterated and put into prison. It makes me sick to my stomach. You, have NO idea on how I feel about men that take advantage of little kids you have no idea what I have been through. But when you forgive people of doing you wrong, then only then God can start the healing process. And for this girl says his (Moore’s) wife if 14 years younger that him PROVES nothing. She is going under the assumption that what these girls says is true. Hey, that’s called GOSSIP. Anyway I did not mean to up set you in any way. I really just hate that people want to condemn people JUST because somebody wants to be in the news. And they try to tear down people they may, may be innocent.”

Alabama is a fascinating place.

AMC, do you have any examples of Dem sexual abusers from the last 10-15 years who have enjoyed support within their party?

By the way, I'm getting tired of board conservatives who lack the balls to stand up for Trump. We know you all voted for him. We know you will vote for him in 2020. Just admit it and try to engage in rational conversation to defend him.

Yes, Bill Clinton. He's a rapist. As in he rapes women. He also used his position of authority to extract sex from young subordinates. Huge figurehead and fundraiser for his party. He has the support of the party now. So much support that being married to him is enough to get you the Democratic nomination and a majority of votes within the last year. Other rapists get Whitehouse invites by Democrats. For example, Harvey Weinstein, who was a big Democratic fundraiser and bundler. Anthony Weiner comes to mind, too. And the problem stretches back to Kennedy.

Board conservative? - that's not me. Not a Republican, either. Don't watch Fox News. (In fact, I cut the cord more than 10 years ago). I am socially liberal while leaning strongly toward free market economics and individual liberties. I read WSJ, NYT, Wapo, and Charlotte Observer. In the real world, I train companies on harassment issues and teach CLE's on the topic from NC to California, among a few other areas of practice. I represent companies AND plaintiffs in harassment cases. So I deal with these problems every day (or at least every week) - they usually boil down to a failure of leadership, a dispersion of responsibility, and a failure to hold people accountable. If anyone thinks they are helping the cause by holding some people (harassers and enablers) or political parties (Republicans or Democrats) responsible but not others, they are part of the problem, too. But nobody wants to hear that. I applaud people calling for Moore to be thrown off the ticket and rejecting Trump but I am skeptical of people that didn't hold the Clintons to the same standard. Because there is only one standard for acceptable and unacceptable conduct in this area.

FWIW, this speech is the best one I have ever heard on the topic of anti-harassment - https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/hear...speech-about-racism-at-the-air-force-academy/ What's the point? One standard. Meet it or get out.

Last edited:
I am probably the staunchest opponent of secessionary talks whenever they flare up and no matter the side...but good god comments like this are really starting to test my patience. Can we trade Alabama?

Like, we give Russia Alabama and Russia gives Crimea back to Ukraine ? I’d take that deal.

Have at it rubes. Here's your chance.

Nothing says "owning the libs" like destroying something you paid for.

Remember when conservatives used to boycott French wine and renamed French Fries...Freedom Fries...because Jacques Chirac told us to pound sand over the Iraq War? Simpler times.

Now conservatives are destroying their shitty coffee makers because the manufacturer pulled advertising from a show that defended pedophilia.

A wise choice of battles.

There was also the Starbucks protest where they protested Starbucks by.... buying Starbucks coffee and asking them to write "Trump" on the cup.

Yes, Bill Clinton. He's a rapist. As in he rapes women. He also used his position of authority to extract sex from young subordinates. Huge figurehead and fundraiser for his party. He has the support of the party now. So much support that being married to him is enough to get you the Democratic nomination and a majority of votes within the last year. Other rapists get Whitehouse invites by Democrats. For example, Harvey Weinstein, who was a big Democratic fundraiser and bundler. Anthony Weiner comes to mind, too. And the problem stretches back to Kennedy.

Board conservative? - that's not me. Not a Republican, either. Don't watch Fox News. (In fact, I cut the cord more than 10 years ago). I am socially liberal while leaning strongly toward free market economics and individual liberties. I read WSJ, NYT, Wapo, and Charlotte Observer. In the real world, I train companies on harassment issues and teach CLE's on the topic from NC to California, among a few other areas of practice. I represent companies AND plaintiffs in harassment cases. So I deal with these problems every day (or at least every week) - they usually boil down to a failure of leadership, a dispersion of responsibility, and a failure to hold people accountable. If anyone thinks they are helping the cause by holding some people (harassers and enablers) or political parties (Republicans or Democrats) responsible but not others, they are part of the problem, too. But nobody wants to hear that. I applaud people calling for Moore to be thrown off the ticket and rejecting Trump but I am skeptical of people that didn't hold the Clintons to the same standard. Because there is only one standard for acceptable and unacceptable conduct in this area.

FWIW, this speech is the best one I have ever heard on the topic of anti-harassment - https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/hear...speech-about-racism-at-the-air-force-academy/ What's the point? One standard. Meet it or get out.

First of all accused rapist, like trump a few times. You sound like my views (very middle independent) but don’t really mean it from your posts. Nothing the Rep have done recently is acceptable for a social liberal.

And he is despicable, too. My point is that people who support Moore are part of the problem, people that support Trump are part of the problem and people that support either Clinton are part of the problem. It is simply not enough -- and not much at all -- to condemn candidates you will never get to vote for while voting for candidates that are also fostering the horrible way women are often treated in our society. Like Clapton said, "before you blame me, take a look at yourself."

The Clapton quote is "before you accuse me, take a look at yourself". Now please carry on with your timely two decades old whataboutism.

This is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Back