• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

Good investigative journalism isn’t derived from entering a scenario with a motive

We'll get a few articles with women sources who will say they met Roy Moore when they were teenagers and he didn't hit on them. Case closed.

Or they could just make up sources and quotes, because who's going to care

Good investigative journalism isn’t derived from entering a scenario with a motive

Probably goes in the "role of the media" thread but yeah, there's a difference between an angle and a motive/position. Good journalists do reporting until they find enough facts to start putting their story together rather than start with an opinion and then try and find narratives that fit.

But Breitbart is not ethical nor does it follow good journalistic practices.

There's a big difference between a WaPo journalist hearing rumors that Roy Moore used to date teenagers and following up on it with 30 interviews and Breitbart journalist going to Alabama to save the Republican candidate.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/teresa-jones-says-roy-moore-common-knowledge-dated-teens/

"A former prosecutor who once worked alongside embattled Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore in the early 1980s told CNN it was "common knowledge" at the time that Moore dated high school girls.

"It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird," former deputy district attorney Teresa Jones told CNN in comments aired Saturday. "We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall ... but you really wouldn't say anything to someone like that."

i just read that the National Republican Senatorial Campaign withdrew support on Friday, which I missed. That's kind of a big deal.

i just read that the National Republican Senatorial Campaign withdrew support on Friday, which I missed. That's kind of a big deal.

Sort of. The NRC has not withdrawn support, nor has the Alabama GOP. So its not like he is without the ability to raise money.

He still wins this by 5+ points. Relax and accept it.

Back