• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

I'm not going to copy and paste every tweet here, but the thread on Daniel Dale's timeline is chilling.

It didn't matter to Republicans and rubes that Trump assaulted at 50 women.

God is just working through Moore to test these woman. Now that they are speaking out they have failed the test.

If I hear the defense "he didn't actually rape her", I swear to God, I might just scream.

What 30 year old DA signs a girl's yearbook?

Of course I'm sure the Alabama conservatives will be like "who lets a rapist sign her yearbook?"

Well rapists don't really ask permission, do they?

I could probably find a decent 538-type source on this... but how many do we expect to vote in the special election?

I ask because of the factors in play for Murkowski's write-in victory. My strong suspicion is that mobilizing Alabama if Moore is still on the ballot would be a much more monumental task for the GOP.

It makes McConnell's words seem more decent/surprising considering the possible/probable implications of that seat.

I think they are all going on record knowing the piece of shit voters that support their party will vote in Moore and then it won’t be a shock when they immediately remove him from his newly appointed seat.

I could probably find a decent 538-type source on this... but how many do we expect to vote in the special election?

I ask because of the factors in play for Murkowski's write-in victory. My strong suspicion is that mobilizing Alabama if Moore is still on the ballot would be a much more monumental task for the GOP.

It makes McConnell's words seem more decent/surprising considering the possible/probable implications of that seat.

Turnout for a special election in Alabama? I'm pretty sure the old white people would turn out just fine.

I think they are all going on record knowing the piece of shit voters that support their party will vote in Moore and then it won’t be a shock when they immediately remove him from his newly appointed seat.

... but they are walking on a really sharp blade, there... right?

Moore WILL be on the ballot. It seems like if you really wanted (a.) Moore out AND (b.) GOP control of the seat... you'd recognize he still has to win the election for (b.) to happen.

Writing off the 20%+ (probably substantially more) of voters who will simply vote for the GOP candidate on the ballot gives the election to Jones.

I guess i'm just surprised Mitch and co. aren't really battening down the hatches & staying relatively quiet on this until December.

It's a sign that Mitch and crew have gotten word from folks in Alabama that this story has legs and they need to get on the right side of it early.

Alabama GOP and the 50 Alabama pastors have to stay in Alabama. They have to support Moore. The national GOP don't.

What are the rules? If they let him stay and win, then replace him, do they get to pick his replacement or is there another election?>

What are the rules? If they let him stay and win, then replace him, do they get to pick his replacement or is there another election?>

The governor would pick a replacement until they could have another election, I assume next fall.

Edit: and holy shit, the reactions from the Roy Moore fans would be... interesting.

Back