• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

And Project Veritas enters the fray by making up a fake Moore victim.

Hilarious read. It shows just how stupid O'Keefe and his people are.

[h=1]A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.[/h]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...cbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.9cc640fdf8f2

In a series of interviews over two weeks, the woman shared a dramatic story about an alleged sexual relationship with Moore in 1992 that led to an abortion when she was 15. During the interviews, she repeatedly pressed Post reporters to give their opinions on the effects that her claims could have on Moore’s candidacy if she went public.
The Post did not publish an article based on her unsubstantiated account. When Post reporters confronted her with inconsistencies in her story and an Internet posting that raised doubts about her motivations, she insisted that she was not working with any organization that targets journalists.

But on Monday morning, Post reporters saw her walking into the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization that targets the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups. The organization sets up undercover “stings” that involve using false cover stories and covert video recordings meant to expose what the group says is media bias.

Back at the newsroom, Reinhard became concerned about elements of Phillips’s story. Phillips had said she lived in Alabama only for a summer while a teenager; but the cellphone number Phillips provided had an Alabama area code. Reinhard called NFM Lending in Westchester County, but they said a person named Jaime Phillips did not work there.
Alice Crites, a Post researcher who was looking into Phillips’s background, found the document that strongly reinforced the reporters’ suspicions: a Web page for a fundraising campaign by someone with the same name. It was on the website GoFundMe.com under the name Jaime Phillips.
Croppedscreencapture-web-archive-org-web-20171122195050-https-www-gofundme-com-JaimeToNewYork-1511803913298.jpg

The GoFundMe fundraising page. (Internet Archive)
“I’m moving to New York!” the May 29 appeal said. “I’ve accepted a job to work in the conservative media movement to combat the lies and deceipt of the liberal MSM. I’ll be using my skills as a researcher and fact-checker to help our movement. I was laid off from my mortgage job a few months ago and came across the opportunity to change my career path.”
In a March posting on its Facebook page, Project Veritas said it was seeking 12 new “undercover reporters,” though the organization’s operatives use methods that are eschewed by mainstream journalists, such as misrepresenting themselves.
A posting for the “journalist” job on the Project Veritas website that month warned that the job “is not a role for the faint of heart.”
The job’s listed goal: “To adopt an alias persona, gain access to an identified person of interest and persuade that person to reveal information.”
It also listed tasks that the job applicant should be able to master, including: “Learning a script,” “Preparing a background story to support your role,” “Gaining an appointment or access to the target of the investigation,” and “Operating concealed recording equipment.”
Jaime Phillips is a relatively common name, but there was another telling detail. One of two donations listed on the site was from a name that matched her daughter’s, according to public records.

Tries to expose liberal bias in the mainstream media, ends up confirming that WaPo does great work by refusing to run unsubstantiated story and proper background research.

Checkmate commielibs !

It's amazing how much grift goes on among conservatives.

It's amazing how much grift goes on among conservatives.

Not sure they would classify it as grift though. Anything outside of street crime and entertainment that makes money is inherently good. Weird that the industries perhaps most representing a true meritocracy are the ones perceived as illegitimate. Wonder why?

There's literally no limit to which these people will go to win elections. Defend an accused pedophile and try to discredit his accusers - multiple women who said he molested them as teenagers? Check.

There's literally no limit to which these people will go to win elections. Defend an accused pedophile and try to discredit his accusers - multiple women who said he molested them as teenagers? Check.

But what about Bill Clinton?

I mean c'mon guys, clearly this was a Washington Post setup made to discredit those project veritas patriots.

Reading between the lines, Project Veritas was hyping up a big "American Pravda" expose and WaPo hurried out this story to beat them to the punch.

lolol at Veritas, they deserve that embarrassment for trying to discredit victims.

Drudge has this veritas story as headline right now. At least some rubes are able to read it.

What is the sailor/jh/bkf response to this? #notallpubs?

Drudge has this veritas story as headline right now. At least some rubes are able to read it.

Which story? The WaPo story about some idiots who came up with a poorly done fake story and got got? Or how the heroic James O'Keefe exposed the fake news media that was trying to take down Holy Roy Moore?

I believe I read (not entirely sure) that Trump donated $10k to Project Veritas in 2015.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/27/roy-moore-jones-alabama-senate-261024

"...the firestorm that ensued after numerous allegations surfaced against Moore galvanized even more financial support for Jones, giving him the resources to relentlessly pound Moore on-air as a child predator. He’s been able to cast himself as a pragmatic reformer and make a largely unanswered case to the moderate Republicans and suburban women who could determine the outcome of the election.

There’s been little answer from Moore. His numbers have faded in recent polls and, between the flood of ads and the allegations that have surfaced, Fox News’ surveys have shown voters growing more comfortable with Jones — and turning against Moore."

Silent majority will be in play here. Another guy that conservatives will vote for, but be too embarrassed to admit they did.

Back