• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

With a few exceptions, please.

it would save the US a lot of money to dump Alabama. they are a yuge drain on federal funding, disability, unemployment and produces nothing in return.

it would save the US a lot of money to dump Alabama. they are a yuge drain on federal funding, disability, unemployment and produces nothing in return.

Except for ... championships every 2-3 years in cfball

Why was Trump against Moore?

From the midterm election thread:

It's widely suspected that Moore is too much of a wildcard, even for Trump. He's against the border wall, and apparently wouldn't support simply anything that comes across his desk with Trump's name on it, unlike Strange. Which is why McConnell's super pac is backing Strange, and Trump is in Hunstville today supporting Big Suit Strange.

That said, if the lawyer who finally prosecuted KKK members for the Birmingham bombings doesn't win this race, then...well then I guess Alabama is who we thought they were.

And in case you were thinking "Hey, maybe Moore isn't such an idiot after all.":

Roy Moore Doesn't Know What DACA Is (9/1/2017)

Or if you've forgotten how terrible of a human being he is:

In 2005, Roy Moore: "Homosexual conduct should be illegal."

(Though I doubt Trump knew much about either, he was probably listening to his advisers / Republicans.)

‘You’ve got to go’: How the GOP persuaded Trump to campaign in Alabama

It's times like these where constant outrage hinders the left cause. Even relative to most other Republicans, Roy Moore is simply a vile human. He's extremely far right and ignored federal law multiple times only to be the favorite to be voted into the Senate.

I mean Moore is disgusting.

What is the appropriate response when most every action is outrageous?

Garrison Keillor's take:

The triumph of Judge Roy Moore in Alabama's Republican Senate primary was a ray of sunshine for those of us who'd like to restore stoning to our legal system and remove the curse of profanity once and for all from our country. Scripture is very clear: "Thou shalt not swear." But God's chosen party, the Republican Party, has waffled on this issue, as it has on the issue of adultery and obedience to parents and observance of the Sabbath and the engraving industry. And that is why our country today is on the verge of destruction. The signs are everywhere. Judge Moore is the only man who dares say so.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/09/garrison_keillor_maybe_roy_moo.html

Trump deleted all of his pro Luther Strange tweets.......no wonder bkf liked him so much!

Reactions: ONW
Can't say I knew what DACA was until Trump changed it, either. I doubt the issue comes up much in local Alabama politics.

He is not some insignificant local politician, he was the Chief Justice on the state Supreme Court, a state that implement the most draconian illegal immigrations laws in the country in 2012 and now he is running for Senate. I knew what DACA was years ago and I study birds, professionally. This dude should know this stuff.

He is not some insignificant local politician, he was the Chief Justice on the state Supreme Court, a state that implement the most draconian illegal immigrations laws in the country in 2012 and now he is running for Senate. I knew what DACA was years ago and I study birds, professionally. This dude should know this stuff.

The point I'd make is the same (off the wall) take I've made for 5+ years. The entire concept of a million people voting for one person to represent them to then be an expert in all subject matters is a completely past-its prime concept. Our form of government, which we tell the rest of the world is the gold standard, is completely obsolete. That's clear enough where every issue is pretty much 95% voted on purely down party lines.

The problem with the solution is it involves computers, and now we got russians hacking them.

The point I'd make is the same (off the wall) take I've made for 5+ years. The entire concept of a million people voting for one person to represent them to then be an expert in all subject matters is a completely past-its prime concept. Our form of government, which we tell the rest of the world is the gold standard, is completely obsolete. That's clear enough where every issue is pretty much 95% voted on purely down party lines.

The problem with the solution is it involves computers, and now we got russians hacking them.

I don't disagree with you on any of this, except all Moore had to do was spend 5 minutes reading a fucking news paper before the interview. It was the biggest topic in the news for days, and this guy who wants to be a senator didn't even bother to spend 5 minutes learning about it. He just assumes god will insert all needed information into his brain when it's needed. Or, if it's not in the Bible who cares.

You do realize that if you lived in the UK and said that you "studied birds professionally" that they'd think you were either a pimp or a Peeping Tom, don't you?

Back