• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

24796686_1045487515591597_3776657352259350129_n.jpg

This is really weird, and I would like to see if we could let jhmd out to comment.

It’s really a nice microcosm of today’s GOP.

GOP: “This is despicable. We stand with women. We can’t support him”

Trump: “Nah, he’s cool. We need to win”

GOP: “Fuck these bitches.”

The republican party is really amazing in their ability to move the bar of decency lower than anyone ever possibly imagined.

The republican party is really amazing in their ability to move the bar of decency lower than anyone ever possibly imagined.

While claiming to be the party of decency. It's nuts. All they have to say is "I'm decent so other people like me must be decent too" and it lets them off the hook.

Trump is no aberration—he’s the perfect representative of today’s Republican Party.

If you support the Republican Party, now that they are once again actively supporting and financing Moore, you support child predators. What a party of family values.

Moore may still win (it'll be close but I would bet money he does) but the RNC and McConnell will regret this. Trump's shortsightedness and lack of any coherent strategy is rubbing off on them. It's all about surviving each day wirh zero regard for the long run.

This endorsement will have repercussions far beyond Alabama. Endorsing an accused child molester who has zero respect for the law might (emphasis on might) fly in Alabama but it won't help anywhere else. Nationally, its just more evidence that the GOP has morally and ethically lost its way. This reminds me of Jack Abramoff/2006 x 1000. What was fascinating to me back then was the fact that maybe half the party could see the writing on the wall while the other half still thought voters wouldn't notice. Today it appears that maybe 20% of the party sees the writing on the wall...and that might even be high.

Last edited:
Rubes won't care. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you move on. The current GOP does not care about "repercussions." They care about stopping liberals. That's it.

Rubes won't care. The sooner you understand that, the sooner you move on. The current GOP does not care about "repercussions." They care about stopping liberals. That's it.

Oh I totally agree. It took me a while but I agree...rubes and trump shills give zero fucks about anything but being a part of the cult. But I would argue Republican leadership (as awful as they are) actually cares about staying in power... and the path they are on is great if you want the 35% rube vote. But it's downright awful and getting worse if you want a share of any Dems and a majority of independents.

At the end of the day - Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnel and Ronna Romney McDaniels are all fucking idiots.

Never knew the origin of the "dead girl or a live boy" quote. Fascinating.

Trump's right. If not a single democrat can be trusted to vote on tax cuts which helps 80% of their consituents, mine as well just go to war and vote in Roy Moore.

Oh I totally agree. It took me a while but I agree...rubes and trump shills give zero fucks about anything but being a part of the cult. But I would argue Republican leadership (as awful as they are) actually cares about staying in power... and the path they are on is great if you want the 35% rube vote. But it's downright awful and getting worse if you want a share of any Dems and a majority of independents.

At the end of the day - Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnel and Ronna Romney McDaniels are all fucking idiots.

Your party's leadership has condemned a bill that will put money in 80% of their base's pockets in a few weeks.

It’s kinda sad how easily some people are blinded by crumbs.

and I'll retort with district lobbyist dems making probably hundreds of thousands of dollars are outta touch when they consider thousands of dollars in savings for the rest of us as crumbs. But keep telling us what dollar amount we should care about. Its a solid strategy.

Last edited:
and I'll retort with district lobbyist dems making probably hundreds of thousands of dollars are outta touch when they consider thousands of dollars in savings for the rest of us as crumbs. But keep telling us what dollar amount we should care about. Its a solid strategy.

Thousands of dollars, at best, that will most likely be eaten up by increased health care costs and inevitable cuts to social services and programs when Pubs going back to carrying about a balanced budget.

All while the 1% get the real benefits.

You shouldn’t be upset you got a tax cut. You should be upset that you got the leftover crumbs when the rich got the full loaf.

Back