• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

I'll know that I have hit rock bottom when you see me trolling a message board at 3:30 in the morning on a Tuesday. Seriously Palma- your shtick is pathetic.

I'll know that I have hit rock bottom when you see me trolling a message board at 3:30 in the morning on a Tuesday. Seriously Palma- your shtick is pathetic.

right...but to be fair, that's 1230 LA time

Does he live in LA? if so, then I take back the rock bottom 3:30 AM part of my post, but I stand behind the shtick is pathetic part.

Your party's leadership has condemned a bill that will put money in 80% of their base's pockets in a few weeks.

And take 80% out of my kids' pockets in a few years.

And I am not a democrat. I was a lifelong Republican who left the party this year because it's a shitshow.

Some may get a tax cut, but that money will most likely not cover the increase in their medical costs.

Your party's leadership has condemned a bill that will put money in 80% of their base's pockets in a few weeks.

hundreds of dollars in cash in exchange for thousands of dollars in public goods

unless you're very low-income, then it's nothing for the loss of public goods

A political party doesn’t vote on a tax bill they don’t like so it’s okay to financially support a predator. Okay.

And take 80% out of my kids' pockets in a few years.

And I am not a democrat. I was a lifelong Republican who left the party this year because it's a shitshow.
Then that makes you a librul libtard. You're either with Trump or against him!

Trump's right. If not a single democrat can be trusted to vote on tax cuts which helps 80% of their consituents, mine as well just go to war and vote in Roy Moore.

Except that Jones is pretty fiscaly conservative for a Dem and is the kind of Dem that might have crossed party lines to vote for a reasonable tax reform bill. Jones is out of step with Alabama voters pretty much only on social issues like the KKK, abortion, and gay rights.

Let's be real. In Alabama, "I prosecuted KKK members who bombed a church and killed young girls" is worse than "I molested young girls and use the church to cover for my sickness."

Let's be real. In Alabama, "I prosecuted KKK members who bombed a church and killed young girls" is worse than "I molested young girls and use the church to cover for my sickness."

For 20-25% of the population maybe, but the real kicker for Jones is abortion. A large percentage of Alabamaniacs would rather support a probable child molester than and fetus killer. A smaller but still significant percentage would rather support a definite child molester than a pro-abortion democrat. Jones isn't even particularly pro-abortion, he is just not anti-abortion and that is a non-starter with most of the residents here.

Except that Jones is pretty fiscaly conservative for a Dem and is the kind of Dem that might have crossed party lines to vote for a reasonable tax reform bill. Jones is out of step with Alabama voters pretty much only on social issues like the KKK, abortion, and gay rights.

And that's the problem - not only in Alabama but with Trump's base generally. They don't really care or even pay attention to economic policy issues. All they care about are the social and cultural issues stuff - gay and transgender rights, librul, snooty college professors who look down on people like them, abor-shun, minority rights, immigrant rights (non-white rights generally), uppity feminist women, pushing Evangelical Christianity (and, to a much lesser extent, conservative Catholicism) into laws and government policy, public school teachers and their benefits and their "liberal agenda", etc. Part of it goes back to antebellum days in the South - as long as the slaveholding elite could convince poor whites that they were still better off than blacks, they tended to support slavery, even though most historians today believe it hurt poor whites economically, and limited their social mobility (or exactly what the slaveholding elite wanted).

Last edited:
Saw someone on twitter today suggesting that Trump isn’t really “tough on crime” so much as “tough on black and brown people” who the rubes associate with crime.

Saw someone on twitter today suggesting that Trump isn’t really “tough on crime” so much as “tough on black and brown people” who the rubes associate with crime.

That's exactly it. That's how it is so easy to get them to believe the Obamas, Holder, and Lynch were crooked. And that anytime police beat or kill a black person, it is justified.

Obviously the best example of this is the way Trump and conservatives treat non-white troops and their families.

Last edited:
And that's the problem - not only in Alabama but with Trump's base generally. They don't really care or even pay attention to economic policy issues. All they care about are the social and cultural issues stuff - gay and transgender rights, librul, snooty college professors who look down on people like them, abor-shun, minority rights, immigrant rights (non-white rights generally), uppity feminist women, pushing Evangelical Christianity (and, to a much lesser extent, conservative Catholicism) into laws and government policy, public school teachers and their benefits and their "liberal agenda", etc.

I think that is just the result of someone from your party leading the country. When your party is leading, you don't go as deep into complex issues, because you trust them to be making the best possible decision for your general ideology. Few Republicans are going to spend their day nitpicking every detail of a tax plan, because they trust Trump and their representatives to do what is right for them. All they need to do is tune into Fox News and get their talking points, then bark them back at any liberal in ear shot. And yes, the same applies to Democrats when they hold the house/white house. My point is, it's a matter of psychology, not which party you support.

I don't expect Trump to impose his will on much of anything that is too complex, but if there is one thing him and his rich friends have been bred to understand, it's how to build a team of people to manipulate taxes for their benefit. He's just going to keep tossing rubes social bones while robbing them blind.

If he were really interested in helping the people, he'd be spearheading the tax plan with his attempts to close all of the loopholes he's been hopping through for years.

(This isn't the right thread for this discussion, but I guess I'll just leave it here)

Last edited:
Back