• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

Kind of important. Did she write at the time to clarify who wrote the note and when? Or did she write it recently to further smear Roy Moore?

Why is that important? How does that further smear him?

Fox News tweeted out that she forged the signature -- so let's try not to allow pedo defenders to distract with BS.

You serious? Of course it's a big deal if she wrote it in 1977 or last month.

The reason this is a big deal is the Trump trolls (Fox News, Breitbart, Sailor, Plama, Moonz) will use this to argue that the whole letter is faked.

Trump is going to be so proud of himself for getting Moore elected. Can’t wait to hear him basically slip up and say something like “I got Roy Moore elected, and that guy fucked kids!”

The reason this is a big deal is the Trump trolls (Fox News, Breitbart, Sailor, Plama, Moonz) will use this to argue that the whole letter is faked.

Eye roll emoji...the whole defense was that the handwriting on the date was different than the rest of the note, especially that the 7s were different.

But besides, these people don't need actual evidence to deny the allegations.

Eye roll emoji...the whole defense was that the handwriting on the date was different than the rest of the note, especially that the 7s were different.

But besides, these people don't need actual evidence to deny the allegations.

Was the fact that Moore personally dated it crucial to the allegation? I don't remember if it was said one way or the other. Sure, the rubes will latch on to it, but it doesn't seem like anything that would get more traction than anything else that they tried.

Exactly, and it appears at least one person has taken the bait (along with the Moore ad bait). This is how they win.

Even if Moore gets elected on Tuesday he is almost certainly going to immediately be called in front of the Senate Ethics committee. If he is removed what happens? Is there a special election?

Exactly, and it appears at least one person has taken the bait (along with the Moore ad bait). This is how they win.

Who took the bait? moonz?

Even if Moore gets elected on Tuesday he is almost certainly going to immediately be called in front of the Senate Ethics committee. If he is removed what happens? Is there a special election?

Who cares. He’ll run again and win again in the special election

Try again.

LOL. Did I say I thought she forged it? No.

Did I say that it mattered if she added the date at the time or now? Yes. Because of course it does. It's the difference between a 17 year old creating a written record and an accuser trying to put an exclamation point on her allegations.

I doubt it.

Agreed. His voters will have already decided for Moore twice, once over the appointed senator from Alabama. The GOP isn't going to risk pissing them off even more.

The biggest problem is that, regardless of the actual facts, people will use this as ammunition to say that either the whole thing was forged, or evidence that all the allegations are false.

It's just been put out there so it will put more doubt into the equation and turnout the vote more for Moore.

The facts don't matter, it's all about perception and for anybody who needs just a shred of doubt for the allegations.

Back