• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

I really hope I’m wrong, but he’s definitely going to win convincingly.

I’m a little disappointed in the PSA guys and them not using their influence in a similar fashion to the VA elections in November. I think this was a missed opportunity to grab a seat that is nearly impossible for Dems to grab. A solid GOTV campaign by them could have really made an impact.

I understand the risks with AL voters resisting “outside influence” and rebelling against such campaigns to vote Moore out of spite, but would that have changed anything from what was likely going to happen anyway? The possible benefit of getting enough people to the ballots to actually give Jones a win is so great that it’s worth the risk.

Oh well.

I'm guessing PSA is a bigger deal for liberals in VA than liberals in AL.

Also there are more liberals than conservatives in VA. Not the case in AL.

Doug Jones has only been promoting endorsements from AL natives on his Facebook page. It's a good move.

I've held my 'yes' share on Jones on PredictIt.

I'm holding until the bitter end, regardless... but the +9 swing in his direction today (which has gotten his odds up to around 35%) is a bit, uh, encouraging.

I've held my 'yes' share on Jones on PredictIt.

I'm holding until the bitter end, regardless... but the +9 swing in his direction today (which has gotten his odds up to around 35%) is a bit, uh, encouraging.

Fox News somehow had a +10 Jones poll, which I am fairly sure is somehow a bullshit tactic by Fox to rouse up Republicans to vote tomorrow.

I'm not a fan of Fox News but I find that their polling (while slightly off at times) is not as biased in general as their news coverage.

The polls are all over the place on this one. I keep coming back to one thing though: do I trust white evangelical republicans to do the right thing? Answer: I don't.

I'm not a fan of Fox News but I find that their polling (while slightly off at times) is not as biased in general as their news coverage.

Yeah, Fox News has it as "B" with a .5 Pub bias. Not bad at all.

The main thing about this race is that the polls are going to be not that great because of the sheer number of things that can impact it: from Roy Moore, to enthusiasm amongst Dems in having an actual candidate that could win, to the overall national landscape.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were way off on this one. Just a ton of variables.

I'm guessing PSA is a bigger deal for liberals in VA than liberals in AL.

Also there are more liberals than conservatives in VA. Not the case in AL.

Doug Jones has only been promoting endorsements from AL natives on his Facebook page. It's a good move.

1. Yes, VA ain't nothing like AL. Ain't in the same ballpark neither. We're about as purple as it gets and trending bluer over time - we're just where out of town white supremacists choose to congregate. AL is as red as it gets.

2. Look at birdman throwing down the gauntlet. Not just 1 sign, which would be crazy enough, but 2 no less. Dude, how many caffeinated drinks do you have per day?

3. Agree with Numbers, er I forget what he wanted me to call him, as to Fox polls. They may have the occasional outlier either way, like this 1 appears to be, but they don't consistently skew right like Rasmussen does. I think E-V.com doesn't include Rasmussen in their averages, though 538 still does. Someone should ask Nate why.

4. Ranger, I think you're making unfair assumptions. I think the amendments Moore refers to are clearly 11, 17 and 27 - reflecting his longstanding views against empowering state courts, directly electing our senators and restricting congressional pay raises.

Carrie Anne during the Weekend Update; basically saying "why trust a poll: who the hell would admit to supporting Moore in a public poll vs being hidden in the voting booth"

This was one of the reasons I'm pretty pessimistic. The New Yorker piece today suggested some of the opposite could be going on too, though. That some people in Alabama are scared to admit they might vote for a democrat.

Oh Cathy Ann. Ugh. I tuned that out. I have two thoughts when I see Cathy Ann. First, I hate when Cecily Strong dresses ugly (like I hated it with Kristen Wiig). Second, I miss her Girl You Wish You Hadn’t Started a Conversation with at a Party.

I don't trust the polls at all. Just going by the facts, it should be fairly close.

Roy Moore was never all that popular in AL.
Roy Moore has a major scandal.
Doug Jones has an exemplary record.
All elections this year have tilted heavily towards Democrats.
Special elections favor more enthusiastic voters.

Last edited:
Back