• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

The liberal bastion of Alabama, which it’s probably safe to assume is named after Robert E Lee?

Not a liberal bastion. Trump won the county by nearly 14,000 votes / 24% points in 2016. And yes it is named after Robert E. Lee.

FFS are there any authentic republican human beings? i wonder if he can actually shoot a gun.

Was it a special election in '16? Would guess it's lowering the expectations because it's a special election.

Was it a special election in '16? Would guess it's lowering the expectations because it's a special election.

No. The presidential election. Getting near 3/4 of a Presidential election turnout for a special election would be HUGE. I guess it's possible because this is an election that could go both ways, but I really doubt it.

Damn, it looks like the Republicans will lock up the total land victory again. So many conservative rocks. Dems should get on that.

I’ve got Moore by 8 points or mo(o)re. I’d be more surprised if it’s within 5 points than if it’s over 15.

I’m thinking 54-42 Moore.

I’ve got Moore by 8 points or mo(o)re. I’d be more surprised if it’s within 5 points than if it’s over 15.

Can you explain your process?

I haven't done my own polling, but my feeling is it's going to be a lot closer than that.

Being an eternal optimist, I think Dems won either way here. Having him in the Senate will be a huge headache for leadership, and having a new ethics investigation into this will be fun. But, it would clearly be better for him to lose. Dems gain the vote, and Trump goes 0-2 on Alabama senate candidates.

I haven't done my own polling, but my feeling is it's going to be a lot closer than that.

Being an eternal optimist, I think Dems won either way here. Having him in the Senate will be a huge headache for leadership, and having a new ethics investigation into this will be fun. But, it would clearly be better for him to lose. Dems gain the vote, and Trump goes 0-2 on Alabama senate candidates.

do you normally do your own polling?

Jones has done a great job of appealing to establishment Republicans who voted for Strange and respect Richard Shelby, so I actually think he's done all he can on that front. Hopefully the ones who can't get behind Jones because of abortion just won't vote. The rube-publicans are going to come out in force, but the GOTV effort has been excellent; I just hope it hasn't been too Birmingham-centric. We've already had Corey Booker, Joe Biden, Charles Barkley and Uzo Adubo all come and rally for Jones, and that combined with a very young, enthusiastic, charismatic mayor-elect will hopefully help to churn out record numbers in Birmingham.

Last edited:
Back