• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

Good luck getting Republicans to believe a Democrat can be blue-collar or a Christian.

Democrats need to start microtargeting black Twitter in the South.

Reminds of this tweet from my favorite Astros blogger:

Debbie Wesson Gibson says that she was 17 in the spring of 1981 when Moore spoke to her Etowah High School civics class about serving as the assistant district attorney. She says that when he asked her out, she asked her mother what she would say if she wanted to date a 34-year-old man. Gibson says her mother asked her who the man was, and when Gibson said “Roy Moore,” her mother said, “I’d say you were the luckiest girl in the world.”

FFS

We all understand that this will not make one iota of difference in the Alabama Senate race, right? No chance that Alabamans will vote for a democrat over someone who folks say may have molested young women 40 years ago.

It's not like Moore met someone and found out she was underage. Nope. He asked out a girl who was at the courtroom with her mother and a girl from a HS civics class. That's predatory behavior right there.

Rubes won't care though. Doug Jones fought the KKK and won. That's tough for him to overcome.

I’m not a republican

I wanted trump to drain the swamp

It hasn’t exactly gone as planned

Never understood why people thought someone as swampy as Trump would drain the swamp.

Alabama’s republican governor Kay Ivey, declined to endorse Moore.

Mitch McConnell called on Moore to resign.

Drain the swamp and fill it with what, former plumbers? Businessmen? garbage collectors?

I'm honestly curious. Obama was roundly criticized for inexperience in Washington, then the same voters vote in an inexperienced man who promised to drain the swamp and replace everyone with someone inexperienced.

makes zero sense.

Come on guys. Moore was doing he 16 and 18 yos he dated while he was in his mid-30s favors. In AL, you are an old maid if you aren't married by your 19th birthday.

So if he resigns, does Jones run unopposed or can the GOP appoint someone new (assume Strange)?

The fact that McConnell called for his resignation suggests the latter.

Honestly surprised anyone in the GOP cares about this. I guess they figure they'll win Alabama regardless so why not try and get someone who isn't terrible. Although they didn't take that route in the first place since they picked...Roy Moore.

Republicans are speaking out, but couching their statements with "if true..."

Also, they never wanted Roy Moore to be the nominee.

Back