• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

Half his routines are about how small his penis is and how gross he is, yet he's dropping trou all round town

In a vacuum it's not as impactful, but the Weinstein thing is setting off a domino effect which amplifies every story that comes out after it.

I know most Pubs are condemning Moore for this. But, not all. Take the state auditor of Alabama, for example:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/a...tions-invokes-mary-and-joseph/article/2640217

“He’s clean as a hound’s tooth,” Ziegler claimed, before relying on Scripture to defend Moore.

“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler said choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler concluded. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

Does anyone know what the law stated at the time was the definition of "underage" in terms of consent? Even now, the Alabama law states that people under the age of 14 may not be married. As completely shitty as this sounds, it is possible that he didn't break any laws in Alabama... which is a huge problem in and of itself.

ETA: Several other states including NC also allow marriage at 14, with various restrictions. What the hell, people?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the law stated at the time was the definition of "underage" in terms of consent? Even now, the Alabama law states that people under the age of 14 may not be married. As completely shitty as this sounds, it is possible that he didn't break any laws in Alabama... which is a huge problem in and of itself.

I can't imagine the age of consent in Alabama is anything over 16.

From Washington Post article:

The legal age of consent in Alabama, then and now, is 16. Under Alabama law in 1979, and today, a person who is at least 19 years old who has sexual contact with someone between 12 and 16 years old has committed sexual abuse in the second degree. Sexual contact is defined as touching of sexual or intimate parts. The crime is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail.

The law then and now also includes a section on enticing a child younger than 16 to enter a home with the purpose of proposing sexual intercourse or fondling of sexual and genital parts. That is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

In Alabama, the statute of limitations for bringing felony charges involving sexual abuse of a minor in 1979 would have run out three years later, and the time frame for filing a civil complaint would have ended when the alleged victim turned 21, according to Child USA, a nonprofit research and advocacy group at the University of Pennsylvania.

Corfman never filed a police report or a civil suit.

ETA: Several other states including NC also allow marriage at 14, with various restrictions. What the hell, people?

Teen marriage laws are more common than you think. I remember seeing a story about this a few months ago.

NPR led off their segment on Louis CK with this clip:

pubs either lose a senate seat that is practically unloseable (if that is a word) or elects Roy Moore. I'm not sure which is worse for them.

pubs either lose a senate seat that is practically unloseable (if that is a word) or elects Roy Moore. I'm not sure which is worse for them.

Either way, they still live in Alabama, so anything else is better.

After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."

The age of consent in Alabama is 16.

I live here. I said way before this story came out that my good friend and law school classmate, Doug Jones, would be the next senator from Alabama. I stand by it.

After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."

Everything that is wrong with the GOP in one sentence.

Back