• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

You know it's bad when even Moon doesn't have the heart to troll on this topic. I applaud your restraint, my friend.

I still don't think Moore being in the senate is in the Pubs long term best interest. In addition to being uncontrollable and occasionally unreliable as a vote, he's going to be a better fundraising caricature foil for Dems than Pelosi is for Pubs. Yeah, it would mean only a temporary 51-49 majority, but Donnelly and McCaskill are just as endangered as Heller and Flake's seat are, so you could possibly pick up a seat or 2 next Fall. And that's assuming Heitkamp, Tester and Nelson all retain their seats.

Yeah, there is no guarantee that Moore will even go along with the Republican party line if he gets in, and stays, in Congress. This just doesn't seem like a hill that the RNC would want to die on, and my guess is that their goal is to win the race, get Moore out, then have a special election to get another Pub in.

What if Moore gets kicked out and wins the runoff to replace himself?

Remember being anti-segregation, hating gays, hating Muslims got him re-elected to the AL Supreme Court after being kicked off for acting illegally. Being kicked out of the Senate could be a badge of courage in AL.

i think people severely overstimate the impact of a 'negative' personality WRT to politics. if Jones can't beat him now, some Dem in the future is not going to unseat him because of his voting record.

Good point by RJ. Moore got kicked off the Supreme Court and then just ran again and won. Why wouldn’t he just run again in the special election to replace himself? People in Alabama clearly don’t care

i think people severely overstimate the impact of a 'negative' personality WRT to politics. if Jones can't beat him now, some Dem in the future is not going to unseat him because of his voting record.

If you're referring to my comment, I didn't mean the Dems could use Moore the next time he's up for re-election. What I mean is he is an outrageous person who is loud and says a lot of outrageous things. Moore will be used as a fundraising tool for Dems in other states, and I'm sure you'll see Dem ads in other states saying "we don't need someone who will vote with Moore as our senator".

Edited to add that, for the reasons stated by RJ and Numbers, Pubs effectively will not be able to kick him out of the senate either once he gets there.

Last edited:
If you're referring to my comment, I didn't mean the Dems could use Moore the next time he's up for re-election. What I mean is he is an outrageous person who is loud and says a lot of outrageous things. Moore will be used as a fundraising tool for Dems in other states, and I'm sure you'll see Dem ads in other states saying "we don't need someone who will vote with Moore as our senator".

Edited to add that, for the reasons stated by RJ and Numbers, Pubs effectively will not be able to kick him out of the senate either once he gets there.

hopefully, though i usually read these kinds of sentiments like RJ's "this will cost them 300 seats !"

I agree with this. Most states are not deep-red Alabama - if Moore was running in the great majority of states (even places like NC or Tennessee or Florida) I simply don't think he could win with the charges he's had leveled against him. Even places like NC or Florida are more urban, with more college-educated and professional class types, and I just don't see Moore getting enough support to overcome that. The GOP has been able to effectively use Pelosi to hurt Democratic candidates in other states because they've successfully portrayed her as a stereotype of the typical urban, professorial, radical feminist, out-of-touch California liberal. I think, if the Democrats are smart, they can very easily turn a Senator Roy Moore into a similar drag on Republican candidates in other states outside the Deep South. Moore is a loose cannon who constantly shoots his mouth off, and I don't see him changing anytime soon, especially if he wins this election. If anything, he'll be even more outspoken and loudmouthed. If the Dems can turn Moore into the face of Senate GOP in states like Montana and Missouri and Arizona, it may really help their candidates in next year's Senate races. And, my guess is that Moore will be perfectly happy to receive the publicity, as he'll just present it to Alabama voters as more "piling on" from outsiders. I've read some articles that many Republican Senators are privately very concerned and worried about a Moore victory for precisely these reasons. Having said that, I don't think they'll kick him out, because they don't want to piss off the Trump base that now dominates the party. For the GOP Moore is a lose-lose scenario.

Last edited:

Dems already have Trump for that.

A lot of Alabama Pubs will be pissed of the national GOP believes the librul media lies and kicks out beloved Christian icon Roy Moore. Why couldn't he just run again?

Roy Moore beat Luther Strange because Moore is a populist "christian." If the establishment removed him, it would only embolden his supporters further, if that's possible.

Roy Moore beat Luther Strange because Moore is a populist "christian." If the establishment removed him, it would only embolden his supporters further, if that's possible.

If we’re really being honest about “learning the lessons of 2016”, Roy Moore is exactly the kind of person a majority of the Republican Party wants representing them.

24852566_2156046717739628_7013365499302180018_n.png

God fairly clearly defined the age Roy Moore should be able to have sex with

Moore was already pathetically non-qualified for the Senate before any of the recent allegations came to light. Disobeying multiple federal court orders, getting removed from the Alabama Supreme Court, embracing Birtherism, saying Muslims should not be allowed to serve, claiming homosexuality should be illegal, etc. He is a modern-day George Wallace in a lot of ways.

Alabama keepin' it real. This will show those coastal elites, I suppose.

Moore was already pathetically non-qualified for the Senate before any of the recent allegations came to light. Disobeying multiple federal court orders, getting removed from the Alabama Supreme Court, embracing Birtherism, saying Muslims should not be allowed to serve, claiming homosexuality should be illegal, etc. He is a modern-day George Wallace in a lot of ways.

Alabama keepin' it real. This will show those coastal elites, I suppose.

George Wallace, while being a vile, reprehensible racist, was more of a man than the pedarast could dream of.

George Wallace, while being a vile, reprehensible racist, was more of a man than the pedarast could dream of.
If I wasn't on my phone I'd link you to the Official Usage thread. Stop calling Moore a pederast. It's wrong and it diminishes his actual crimes against humanity.

Back