• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

Oh he’ll definitely win if he’s on the GOP ticket. Those bammers can forgive and forget anything except the shame of accidentally electing a democrat.

He’ll probably win. Alabama sux.

I agree with your second sentence. But don't AL Pubs realize he puts the seat in jeopardy if he's their nominee, so won't they end up coalescing around 1 of the other Pubs because of that? I mean they can't seriously nominate him after his appearance with Sasha.

I wanted Moore to win his senate seat just so we could listen to his wife more often. When she said 1 of their lawyers is a Jew, it was like the word Jew was 3 syllables long.

I agree with your second sentence. But don't AL Pubs realize he puts the seat in jeopardy if he's their nominee, so won't they end up coalescing around 1 of the other Pubs because of that? I mean they can't seriously nominate him after his appearance with Sasha.

I wanted Moore to win his senate seat just so we could listen to his wife more often. When she said 1 of their lawyers is a Jew, it was like the word Jew was 3 syllables long.

True, he has to get through the primary and that depends on who else runs. But if he wins the nomination, which he won in a surprise last time, he’ll be a senator. Doug Jones only won because it was a special election in December and Moore was fighting fresh pedophilia accusations. Those are two years in the past and the election is in a presidential election year. GOP really needs to coalesce around an opponent soon. Moore won’t win a 2-3 person primary but he could win an 8 person race.

True, he has to get through the primary and that depends on who else runs. But if he wins the nomination, which he won in a surprise last time, he’ll be a senator. Doug Jones only won because it was a special election in December and Moore was fighting fresh pedophilia accusations. Those are two years in the past and the election is in a presidential election year. GOP really needs to coalesce around an opponent soon. Moore won’t win a 2-3 person primary but he could win an 8 person race.

Yeah, it's been 2 years. The girls he was courting are of legal age now.

Bammers are gonna vote in droves for the big boy commander in chief, which is great news for Moore

The only chance Doug Jones has of holding onto that Senate seat is if Moore is the GOP nominee again, imo. Moore may well beat him, but at least with Moore as the GOP candidate Jones would have a chance. If any other Republican wins the nomination, such as Sessions, Jones will not only lose, but probably will do so by a landslide. Maybe it's a slender chance, but Moore as his opponent is really the only hope Jones has in 2020.

Jeff Sessions? The guy who didn't protect Trump? I don't know about that.

If Democrats are smart, they work the down ballot races and lean into the 40% by targeting GOP candidates with ads questioning their loyalty to Trump. If they can even get a small percentage of Trump loyalists not to vote for the GOP House or Senate candidate, they can make up a lot of ground.

If Democrats are smart, they work the down ballot races and lean into the 40% by targeting GOP candidates with ads questioning their loyalty to Trump. If they can even get a small percentage of Trump loyalists not to vote for the GOP House or Senate candidate, they can make up a lot of ground.

His lack of enthusiasm for Trump may well hurt him in the GOP Senate primary if he runs, but if he wins the Senate nomination I have little doubt that he'll easily beat Jones, as would almost any Republican other than Moore.

I believe McConnell is attempting to recruit Sessions. I still believe whoever they get will knock off Moore, agreeing with Birdman that they need it to be a 2-3 person primary. And I like the suggestion someone here had a few months ago of making Doug Jones AG if he loses in 2020 (assuming we get a Dem president).

If Moore somehow won the nomination again (surely he will not), and won the election, would the senate seat him? I suspect so.

“Bring the whole family out, I’d LOVE to meet the kids”

If Moore somehow won the nomination again (surely he will not), and won the election, would the senate seat him? I suspect so.

Oh yes they would. Especially if he's the 51st Pub. McConnell would just ask him and his wife not to speak when cameras are on them. But I don't think Roy and wify would heed McConnell's request.

Oh yes they would. Especially if he's the 51st Pub. McConnell would just ask him and his wife not to speak when cameras are on them. But I don't think Roy and wify would heed McConnell's request.

Oh, yeah, if Moore was going to be the 51st (or 50th) Senate vote to allow the GOP to keep control the Senate, he'd be seated, no question. Mitch and Trump (if reelected) and the rest of the GOP would justify it somehow. They'd say that it wasn't their place to overrule the decision of the great people of Alabama to send him there, or that it all happened decades ago and thus didn't matter now, or that God and Republican Jesus had forgiven him for his lustful ways, or that he was too old and feeble to chase underage girls now - anything to keep that Senate majority!

Back