• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

You do realize that if you lived in the UK and said that you "studied birds professionally" that they'd think you were either a pimp or a Peeping Tom, don't you?

Yes, in the UK, people like me are called twitchers. I once had the honor of giving an invited talk at the British Ornitholgist Union annual conference. #humblebrag?

Moore is going to put those quotes on his next bus ad.

Reporters/Dems should be rushing to get sound bites of Republicans backing Moore before they find out what he really stands for.

Republicans know who he is, they are pretending not to because they don't want to answer questions about him or defend his stances.

Well they better get used to it. No way Alabama elects a guy whose claim to fame is prosecuting white supremacists in the Clinton administration.

Well they better get used to it. No way Alabama elects a guy whose claim to fame is prosecuting white supremacists in the Clinton administration.

I am going to do everything I can.

They can criticize him after Dec 12th. (Look at how they talk about Ted Cruz!) Until then they'll try to stay below the radar.

So is there a reason why Strange doesn't run as an Independent like Murkowski did?

Alaska has a ton of people registered as independents that couldn't vote in the Republican primary. It looks like in Alabama, you can vote in whatever primary you choose. So Strange would have to hope for a lot of people that didn't show up in the primaries to come out in the general.

Also, it seems like Strange isn't particularly popular.

That makes sense. Thanks.

People are going to criticize the DNC for not stepping in here, but I'm convinced that there's a reason why they've only been successful in races with less attention. Let Doug do his thing without DNC support and he can claim independence from the Schumer-Pelosi liberal agenda. The DNC will be better off saving money to spend on a wide playing field in 2018.

ph is right on this one. if Dems get too involved it will bring out everyone to spite them. it would be better if they let it run it's course and hope the Reps can't drag themselves away to vote. it's Alabama for God's sake, they know not what they do.

Alaska has a ton of people registered as independents that couldn't vote in the Republican primary. It looks like in Alabama, you can vote in whatever primary you choose. So Strange would have to hope for a lot of people that didn't show up in the primaries to come out in the general.

Also, it seems like Strange isn't particularly popular.

There is a rule here that if you vote in the first primary in one party or another you have to vote in the same party for the run off. So, Strange might run as an independent hoping would be that Democrats who voted for the gay environmentalist or the Orange Beach business leader would jump ship and vote for him (highly doubtful) instead of the Dem nominee, or that Democrats might look at the numbers conclude that they'd be better off with an independent Strange than voting for a hopeless Dem and ending up with Moore. Both of those scenarios are pretty unlikely because the Dems are lining up and generating enthusiasm for Doug Jones. Of course, at the same time, Jones' only real hope of winning is that Strange voters will cross party lines to vote for the only grown up in the race.

Right. Let birdman and BirdinBama do dirty bird work on the ground and work this blue band hard.
http://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/alabama/

Seriously though. I'd say if you keep those blue counties blue and work turn out, plus you flip Madison county, where Huntsville is, and Lee county, where Auburn University is, the Dems might have a chance. In Lee county having a mid week special election in mid December could turn the county blue, depending on when Auburn's exams are over and the student's leave town. The student body is much more conservative than the general population. Huntsville has a lot of highly educated people and rocket scientists there and hopefully they will have a hard time for a biblical literalist.

You saw it here first. My good friend and law school classmate, Doug Jones, is going to win.

You saw it here first. My good friend and law school classmate, Doug Jones, is going to win.

Can we get green handles for the Tunnels?

I signed up to help his campaign, but he is fighting a mountain of irrationality.

At the end of the day, I expect people to justify their vote for Moore exactly how they did for Trump: "Well, the guy is an out of control lunatic, but we need a Republican to help get rid of Obamacare!"

Last edited:
God has sent us a judge. Hallelujah.

Quote:
----------
The triumph of former judge Roy Moore in Alabama’s Republican Senate primary was a ray of sunshine for those of us who’d like to restore stoning to our legal system and remove the curse of profanity once and for all from our country. Scripture is very clear: “Thou shalt not swear.” But God’s chosen party, the Republican Party, has waffled on this issue, as it has on the issue of adultery and obedience to parents and observance of the Sabbath and the engraving industry. And that is why our country today is on the verge of destruction. The signs are everywhere. Judge Moore is the only man who dares say so...
----------

Back