• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

I don't deny his analysis at all. the characterization that tax credits and incremental value of tax credits drove his analysis was not accurate from what I read and was shoddy reporting. He did mention the incremental value of tax losses but that's a completely different thing. I'm not aware of any federal tax credits (not my area of expertise granted) that you can buy or sell like that that is generally reserved for state tax credits.

Looks like developers can monetize credits by entering into LLCs and limited partnerships with investors.

Last edited:
trump is the most well rounded shitty person in history

because he's stupid. and his defenders are even stupider.

Can't blame Trump, if it were up to him the women would be at home making babies

Kimberly-Clark is remodeling its supply chain to reflect a world where more adults and fewer babies will need diapers. The company is cutting at least 5,000 jobs and closing 10 factories as it confronts sluggish sales of products ranging from diapers to toilet paper, the WSJ’s Sharon Terlep reports. Kimberly-Clark ’s problems stem in part from a price war in the household staples sector, where rival consumer-product giants are struggling to hold onto customers, even as costs for key materials rise and the overall market for some items shrinks. The cuts also speak to dispiriting long-term trends, including declining fertility rates in most large economies, reducing demand for baby products. Kimberly-Clark sees opportunities overseas, where fertility rates are falling but haven’t hit developed-world lows. And the rapid aging of the U.S. population will lead to at least one potential growth market: adult incontinence.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/todays-top-supply-chain-and-logistics-news-from-wsj-1516793157

The boomers screw us over yet again.

Or more likely Amazon is screwing over these folks with their subscribe pricing.

I don't deny his analysis at all. the characterization that tax credits and incremental value of tax credits drove his analysis was not accurate from what I read and was shoddy reporting. He did mention the incremental value of tax losses but that's a completely different thing. I'm not aware of any federal tax credits (not my area of expertise granted) that you can buy or sell like that that is generally reserved for state tax credits.

Looks like developers can monetize credits by entering into LLCs and limited partnerships with investors.

I don't follow what you think is wrong with the analysis. That the value of the credits is unaffected by the corporate tax rate?

Probably deserves its own thread! All that money and this.

The US can no longer hide from its deep poverty problem
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/24/opinion/poverty-united-states.html

The World Bank decided in October to include high-income countries in its global estimates of people living in poverty. We can now make direct comparisons between the United States and poor countries.

According to the World Bank, 769 million people lived on less than $1.90 a day in 2013; they are the world’s very poorest. Of these, 3.2 million live in the United States, and 3.3 million in other high-income countries (most in Italy, Japan and Spain).

Adjusted for absolute poverty.

Once we do this, there are 5.3 million Americans who are absolutely poor by global standards. This is a small number compared with the one for India, for example, but it is more than in Sierra Leone (3.2 million) or Nepal (2.5 million), about the same as in Senegal (5.3 million) and only one-third less than in Angola (7.4 million). Pakistan (12.7 million) has twice as many poor people as the United States, and Ethiopia about four times as many.

Shithole country it seems.

Seems like an utopian world view, not grounded in reality.

You can't make people work.

Even panhandlers make more than $1.93 a day.

I don't follow what you think is wrong with the analysis. That the value of the credits is unaffected by the corporate tax rate?

My issue wasn't with the analysis. It was with the article that tried to explain the analysis which didn't make sense.

That's another one for milosh

“One month ago Democrats held a whopping 13-point margin over Republicans in the generic ballot. Today, their lead in the RealClearPolitics Average has shrunk by nearly 40 percent, and now stands at 7.9 points. That’s still healthy, of course, and most analysts believe it keeps them within range of taking back the House of Representatives” [RealClearPolitics]. “However, it appears the Republican tax cut passed at the end of last year has blunted talk of a Democratic ‘blue wave’ – at least for the time being. After all, the gap between now and November is practically an eon in political terms.” Yes, ten months is a long time in politics.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...a_shrinking_feeling_for_democrats_136109.html

Just ran payroll with the new rates today, this margin is going to shrink by alot in the coming month or two. People who thought it was going to hurt them are getting huge increases.

Last edited:
That's another one for milosh

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...a_shrinking_feeling_for_democrats_136109.html

Just ran payroll with the new rates today, this margin is going to shrink by alot in the coming month or two. People who thought it was going to hurt them are getting huge increases.

Maybe. Ten months is a long time in American politics, especially in this current environment. By November the tax cut will be but a memory as Trump will have done thirty other things to piss people off, and that's not counting possible major foreign or domestic policy events, other economic changes, etc. My guess is that the polls will fluctuate a lot between now and November.

Back