• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

The Paul Ryan tweet was bad but the one he replaced it with isn't a whole lot better:

I'm pretty sure Paul Ryan is trying really hard to win d-bag of the year award.

Geez. I thought that one was a fake account.

That tweet is hilariously tone deaf. It shouldn't be hard to find middle class families seeing an extra Benjy in each paycheck to use for #anecdotes.

I think the "crumbs" comment is in reference to Pelosi's comment about the tax cut leaving nothing but crumbs for the working class. But the way Ryan's responses and examples are beyond tone deaf. It really shows how far out of touch he is. And they actually confirm Pelosi's comments.

Last edited:
Case in point. Him celebrating a $1250 one time bonus ($500 of which you can't touch b/c it's a 401k contribution and another $200 give or take that will go to taxes) and free twinkies (seriously).

The optics of this tweet (along with the $1.50 for the librarian) are just so bad.

Last edited:
Moonz, will the stock market bounce back tomorrow? Surely Donald has done his smart business stuff over the weekend to rectify...

"The federal government is on track to borrow nearly $1 trillion this fiscal year — Trump's first full year in charge of the budget," the Washington Post's Heather Long reports.
Why it matters: It's an 84% jump from the last fiscal year, and the highest level of borrowing in six years. In a report out this week, the Congressional Budget Office attributes the rise to the lower level of tax revenue that the government will collect under the new tax law.

https://www.axios.com/us-government...cebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Moonz, will the stock market bounce back tomorrow? Surely Donald has done his smart business stuff over the weekend to rectify...

Stocks are going down cause wages are going up. Have to hand it to the man, you might not like his methods, but he delivers.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-inflation-shadow-spooks-bonds-idUSKBN1FO0VB

Investors were spooked by Friday’s U.S. payrolls report which showed wages growing at their fastest pace in more than 8-1/2 years and fuelling inflation expectations.

So Wall Street doesn't like it when poors make more money?

There’s always a caveat, trump sure to take credit for any wage growth and ignore the 18 states that Jan 1 meant increased shit wage to less shitty minimum wage.

How many days of the market ticking down before it becomes the "Obama Economy", does that trigger at a week or longer? Because I know that there is a number.

Thanks, Obama. At least now the rubes can pay for their Costco membership.

Back