• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

Ok. That sucks, but palma is talking about tax cuts for workers, not bonuses for workers from corporate tax cuts.

Meanwhile his tariffs cost me an extra $100 to have a gas line installed today thanks to an increase in materials.

[h=1]Bonuses from 2017 tax cuts amounted to $28 per worker, Congressional researchers say[/h]
$28

$28. That's it.

It's about $4k a year for me after taxes personally. Not life shattering, but I don't make enough where I can scoff at an extra $350/month either. I'll take it. Now if I can go independent contractor status (i.e. small business owner by not working for just one employer) now all the sudden tax reform will be a $10-20k/yr after tax difference. Aiming to do that a year from now.

Palma didn’t understand the math lol

As opposed to you not understanding anything

From a generally conservative think tank, and without taking into account other policies that may have hurt lower income folks. Top 10% the only group still benefiting at all:

D8LoaOIXoAAOr3h.jpg:large

Am I reading that correctly? Does a conservative source say that bottom 95% got less than a 1% bump from the tax cuts anyway?

Am I reading that correctly? Does a conservative source say that bottom 95% got less than a 1% bump from the tax cuts anyway?

I should say, when I called them "conservative" I don't mean in the Fox News sense. Their work tends to lean toward the conservative side in some of their modeling and assumptions about the benefits of things like tax cuts, but they have smart people doing rigorous analyses in good faith. Sort of the right leaning version of the (admittedly left leaning) Tax Policy Center and Urban Institute.

Simple Palma math would say average household is $50,000, even with the 1% before tariffs you are looking at like 42 dollars a month, what some people might correctly refer to as crumbs. What do those crumbs do for you, well gas is about 50 cents higher than the day trump took office so I guess the crumbs go in the gas tank.

no, only the bottom 20%. Next 75% was 1-2%. So if you make $75,000/year, that's about $1000/year. Considering you don't pay that much tax anyway, that's not bad at all.

no, only the bottom 20%. Next 75% was 1-2%. So if you make $75,000/year, that's about $1000/year. Considering you don't pay that much tax anyway, that's not bad at all.

Sorry I changed the 20 to 95 but not the 1 to 2.

I don't think Palama is as poor as he wants us to think he is then cause his is $350/month.

Back