• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

palma has so much in common with 2&2. They have achieved a certain level of educational and professional success (although 2&2 is light-years more accomplished than palma), so you know there is some intellectual horsepower in there somewhere. On the other hand, their posts show them to be absolute morons, incapable of complex thoughts. Quite the conundrum.

I generally find 2&2 (and myself) know how the world works, whereas most people on these here tunnels spend all their time stating how the world should work that they're unable to see how it actually does. And in doing so, they convince themselves it's just complex thinking.

For example, people here are convinced that something that's going to put more money in 90% of the households' pockets in 30 days is going to be unpopular.

#14-1.

I generally find 2&2 (and myself) know how the world works, whereas most people on these here tunnels spend all their time stating how the world should work that they're unable to see how it actually does. And in doing so, they convince themselves it's just complex thinking.

#14-1.

nah

Plama, maybe cool it with the trolling for a minute? I love you and all, but Christ, dude.

palma is right that for a majority of Americans this will be seen as at least a short term positive. Most people are not as altruistic as we hope they would be.

y'all realize that "revenue loss" for the government = less taxes y'all pay.... right?

palma is right that for a majority of Americans this will be seen as at least a short term positive. Most people are not as altruistic as we hope they would be.

So why don't more Americans support it?

y'all realize that "revenue loss" for the government = less taxes y'all pay.... right?

well not necessarily (depends on spending), but in this case it does mean that in the short term, but not long term

fiscal conservatives of the Mitt Romney breed either have to vote against the bill or give up using the deficit as a reason for anything for the foreseeable future

I'm just happy that the working class real americans like myself that struggles on a daily basis are no longer subsidizing the liberal elites in their $500,000 homes like yourself.

sounds to me like you wasted a shit ton of money going to Wake Forest with that feeble mind of yours, and I won out paying $1000/semester to go to App and smoke dope all day and play drums and come out a liberal elite in a $500k home.

It's all a gamble though, my man. I'm just a better bettor than you.

Last edited:
well not necessarily (depends on spending), but in this case it does mean that in the short term, but not long term

fiscal conservatives of the Mitt Romney breed either have to vote against the bill or give up using the deficit as a reason for anything for the foreseeable future

No. That assumes rubes will care. They'll blame the deficit on Democrats, especially if they win in 2018 and 2020 and start scaling back this bill. "See Democrats raised your taxes and increased the deficit!!!!!"

Just heard Grassley on NPR saying that we need the bill in order to address the deficit. We have to get back to 3% economic growth so we can begin pay back the debt like we did in 1997-2000. Yes, he mentioned those years. He didn't mention that we stopped because Republicans took over and decided to give out tax cuts.

Vote started at 4:30 to send bill back to Finance Committee has stalled. Three GOP senators (Corker, Johnson and Flake) haven't voted yet. Been about 20 minutes w/o their vote.

jk there it goes. all three voted against sending it back to Finance Committee.

nice try dems.

Worth a note that Senator Toomey had to jaw with them for a long time to get this thing moving.

Back