• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

I assume this increase in cash the middle class is going to see will be coming directly from the closing of the tax loopholes Trump has admitted to jumping through for decades?

If this were actually bad for Trump, as he has said several times, then why wouldn't he get on the stump and say "I have been exploiting broken tax laws for decades, and now I'm going to close those loops!"

lolz

woof, comrade
Hey, remember when the W. Bush tax cuts were extended and made permanent during Obama's first term?
http://www.epi.org/blog/bush-tax-cuts-stay/

Gtfo with that "comrade" garbage. Your bullshit pragmatic deficit hawk politics are a joke - a fucking charade of gutless trust fund liberals pretending to actually give a fuck about the poor. The Democratic donor class is equally culpable for this tax bill, just as they'll be culpable when the next feather weight Democrat president "gets serious" about the deficit by cutting assistance programs in just another pathetic attempt for Democrats to win the peer approval of conservatives, like a child trying to win the affection of a negligent father. It's fucking gross and sad.

Last edited:
Hey, remember when the W. Bush tax cuts were extended and made permanent during Obama's first term?

Gtfo with that "comrade" garbage. Your bullshit pragmatic deficit hawk politics are a joke - a fucking charade of gutless trust fund liberals pretending to actually give a fuck about the poor. The Democratic donor class is equally culpable for this tax bill, just as they'll be culpable when the next feather weight Democrat president "gets serious" about the deficit by cutting assistance programs in just another pathetic attempt for Democrats to win the peer approval of conservatives, like a child trying to win the affection of a negligent father. It's fucking gross and sad.

Can't disagree with that.

I think it made sense, economically, to leave the Bush cuts in place in the midst of the Great Recession. They weren’t made permanent until the threshold of his 2nd term when Dems had lost the House and Obama had to compromise to get some taxes raised on the most wealthy...

It’s not like at that point he could just wave some wand and make taxes what he wanted.

Yep the base left Obama and Congressional Democrats out to dry by not supporting their candidates in the 2010 election. The hardcore righties are a lot more astute politically than the hardcore Lefty's. They even vote for somebody like Roy Moore because they realize that he supports their political stances

"Astute"
"Realize"

Pick whatever words you want. The folks who voted for President Obama in 2008 didn't come back out in 2010. In fact, they didn't even come back out in fucking Massachusetts to vote against Scott Brown in 2009. The dipshits that voted for President Trump in 2016 are damn sure coming back out to vote again in 2018 and will be out in droves to vote for the fucking pederast in Alabama.

MDMH bringing his "everyone else is wrong !" toddler argument hard in the early AM

MDMH bringing his "everyone else is wrong !" toddler argument hard in the early AM
Everyone else? No. Just people with feckless political beliefs, fiscally conservative "Democrats" who offer more good faith to Republicans than to actual liberals. People more worried about decorum and tradition than economic inequality.

At least conservatives actually have the balls to fight for their beliefs, while third rail democrats spend their whole lives explaining how all the humanitarian goals they claim to support arent actually possible.

Everyone else? No. Just people with feckless political beliefs, fiscally conservative "Democrats" who offer more good faith to Republicans than to actual liberals. People more worried about decorum and tradition than economic inequality.

At least conservatives actually have the balls to fight for their beliefs, while third rail democrats spend their whole lives explaining how all the humanitarian goals they claim to support arent actually possible.

both of these sentences are laughable

12f16b6561c207c983127b7d83594d13.jpg

that's true, a hearty guffaw is always appreciated. thanks, MDMH. my toddler was surly all morning. she did give me a hug when I dropped her off at daycare, though.

that's true, a hearty guffaw is always appreciated. thanks, MDMH. my toddler was surly all morning. she did give me a hug when I dropped her off at daycare, though.
I'm aware you don't actually give a fuck about conservative economic ramifications, but its refreshing to see you occasionally admit it.

I have to remind myself sometimes that I knew before I enrolled that I would never be able to completely relate to the average Wake student. Thankfully for my own sanity, I have other people to talk to about politics outside of this NOVA cul-de-sac of soccer dads.

I have to remind myself sometimes that I knew before I enrolled that I would never be able to completely relate to the average Wake student. Thankfully for my own sanity, I have other people to talk to about politics outside of this NOVA cul-de-sac of soccer dads.

you mean the two or three 23 yr olds who agree with you

Do you guys sit around patting each other on the backs for electing Trump?

Back