• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pitino gone

If only he'd landed Duncan...

Well, no, he probably still would have been the same person and gotten himself into similar things.

Tim Duncan never walked through that door.

Pitino has become quite adept at fighting with the NCAA and getting less punishment than what he deserves, wonder how good he will be at fighting the Federal Government?

I can't imagine any current coach with an ounce of respect for his current employer would jump ship right before the season starts.

Louisville, if they are realistic, needs to just promote an assistant and just give up on basketball for the foreseeable future. Hell, they shouldn't even WANT to be good for a while. Regardless, there's no chance for that basketball program to have success for a long time no matter who they put in there. Penalties are going to be huge and recruits are going to stay away for many years.

Heard on the radio this morning that it might be Tom Crean

What's Frank Haith up to? Or maybe Kelvin Sampson? Or Quinn Synder? Maybe they could wrestle Boeheim away from Cuse.

He’s a current coach and not an ESPN commentator?

Nope, which is my point - I agree with you.
They're not going to find a current college coach of any integrity who will leave his own kids weeks before their season starts for an interim job. I cannot think of any Jim Grobes out there right now in the college basketball world, either. They will have to find an assistant somewhere, probably the pros (Bzz!), or they're going to have to find a Dino somewhere. Perhaps literally our Dino.

Nope, which is my point - I agree with you.
They're not going to find a current college coach of any integrity who will leave his own kids weeks before their season starts for an interim job. I cannot think of any Jim Grobes out there right now in the college basketball world, either. They will have to find an assistant somewhere, probably the pros (Bzz!), or they're going to have to find a Dino somewhere. Perhaps literally our Dino.

I don't think Crean is employed right now

Pitino not fired. He’s on unpaid leave... which is probably a contractual requirement.

He has something in his contract that says he gets 10 days notice if he's fired. I suspect he has been told and is waiting out the 10 days "on leave".

Ron. Please restore honor to the acc. It's for the best that you take over the athletic department at Louisville. It's the right thing to do for the league and those student athletes. The fans and boosters over there truly deserve your honesty and and steady hand guiding them out of the darkness.

Back