• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon

Based on reports, I assume Mitchell Wilbekin is a practice or two away from a severe ankle sprain or the like to keep him off the court for three weeks.

Don't sleep on Keyshawn, he was money from deep range and looked more athletic to boot. Reminded me of Wayne Ellington of Unc fame.

Last edited:
Don't sleep on Keyshawn, he was money from deep range and looked more athletic to boot. Reminded me of Wayne Ellington of Unc fame.

Yeah but statistically players over 30 see a decline in their output, not improvement. Maybe he'll be the exception to the rule next year.

Good one! As a reformed recruiting junkie, just staying clear of the Ayo saga. The Harry G. debacle was enough for me.

Eh, totally different feel vs the Giles debacle, the stakes are just so much lower. It's more entertaining than it is painful. Our potential 2018 starting point guard just got put on the Cousy watch list, Chaundee will be a sophomore and is a stone's throw from Ayo's ranking. Unless both leave they'll both likely play in front of a freshman Ayo. Then the depth is a Wake legend and coach's son and a guy who looks like an NBA journeyman that will be shooting around 45% from deep.

It was always a tough sell, our team is strong everywhere and has no seniors. Landing even more elite 2018 talent than we already have would have been an absolute James Johnson face achievement by Manning. Crazy that he got this close.

Right we appear to be well stocked for the future. Don't want to overlook our current season. We should be competitive and win our fair share of ACC games.

Right we appear to be well stocked for the future. Don't want to overlook our current season. We should be competitive and win our fair share of ACC games.

This season is going to be fascinating. Excellent back court, lost our entire starting front court. But we have Manning and a variety of high potential big guys. Based on the schedule I'd expect a late season charge that just misses the tourney this year, but who knows. If we make the tourney this year, tacking on the 2018 class is going to be bonkers, Ayo or no.

Plan to go to Lynchburg and check them out. Enjoyed the Charleston tourney last season.

You can play faster if you can rotate 3 or 4 guys at C.

Good work by Les yesterday, I thought. Appreciated reading all of Manning's comments and seeing a bit of the practice.

Pretty clear that Manning will play a lot of 4-guard "small ball" from those comments (and our personnel). That has me less concerned about our frontcourt depth, given it is easier to split ~60 minutes between Moore/SJM/Sarr/Thompson (and even Mitchell, it sounds like) than 80 minutes. I'm hoping Moore's improvement is as real as is being discussed. If he could play 20 minutes a game, that'd be huge. I'm super-excited about Sarr, but it sounds like Manning is going to bring him along slowly given he just showed up on campus this fall... Hopefully Sarr forces his hand a bit by playing well when given the opportunity.

You can pencil in Crawford and Woods at the 1-2... ~30mpg for both of them. Childress will get more run, too... Tough to keep him off of the floor if he plays as well as he did down the stretch last season. Wilbekin perhaps loses some minutes, but he has a clearly defined role on this team (and there will be nights when we need his shooting on the floor).

That leaves Brown at the 3 (and sometimes 4 when Woods plays the 3)... Big opportunity for Melo to get minutes if he's ready. I will say that Melo didn't look as tall as I expected (in that video, at least)... Could just be that he's thin and standing next to grown men (Woods & Brown).

Really looking forward to the exhibition game on 11/3... Can't wait to see what the freshmen (and sophomores) look like on the floor. Losing 3 starters means a lot of minutes up for grabs.

Good interview with Manning by Les. Keyshawn,Terrence and ChanDEAC really look older than most.

Back