• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jaybone's 16-team $100 NBA fantasy league needs 1 maybe 2

jaybone

Reaction score
Annual request for Wake members to my fantasy league. There are only a few of us in the league these days, but thought I would ask here. My two rules:

* No Palma
* No ringers (owners who are in more than 5 pay leagues).

Details:

The league is a no-keeper, traditional snake draft. Each year, I am happy to put these settings up for a vote. The auction draft has been close several years. Leave a message in the message board if you would like to potentially change any league settings.

Payouts for the 2017/2018 season are the same as last year:

$200 in weekly payouts** ($10 a week); you need to have accessed and rotated your team at least 5 days prior to the beginning of the week or during the week to receive payout; otherwise the weekly payout will go to the next highest owner) If there is an owner or owners who win the week 9-0, they automatically win or split the pot superseding the weekly winner

$25 to mid-season (week 11) 2nd place
$50 to mid-season 1st place
$25 to 3rd place
$75 to 2nd place
$125 to 1st place
$50 to best record last 10 weeks
$75 to consolation bracket winner
$75 to 6th place playoff
$100 to 5th place playoff
$125 to 4th place playoff
$150 to 3rd place playoff
$200 to 2nd place playoff
$325 to playoff winner

If I owe you $50 or more, I will pay you by check whenever you request it (during the season). I don't mind paying you whatever money I owe you via Paypal whenever you request it. Otherwise, I pay everyone a day or two after the end of the season by check or paypal (your preference). Obviously, to pay you by check, I need your name and address, by paypal, the paypal account info.

**The weekly winner will be the team with the largest total in a category determined randomly on Thursday morning (e.g., rebounds, points, 3 pointers, etc...)**The weekly prize works as a side pot to reward teams who finish the best in the league in a random category for each of the first 20 weeks (except all-star week). I will look at my team's FG% on Thursday morning and use the last digit to determine that week's category in the following code:

0 = 3PTM
1 = PTS
2 = REB
3 = O-REB
4 = ASSIST
5 = STEALs
6 = ASSIST/TO
7 = 3-PTM
8 = REB
9 = ASSIST

For example, if my FG% Friday morning is .482, the digit is 2 and the team with the highest number or rebounds after Sunday will win $10. A total of $200 will be given in weekly prizes with no prize during all-star week. Any ties in any category will split the pot evenly. I will keep a running tab on the payouts.

I will post category on Thursday, winner on Monday, and keep a running tab on winners and money owed all season in the commissioner's note.

Great format. Jaybone's league many years ago was one of the best fantasy leagues I've ever been in.

true. You could argue it launched Trump. And I will. Unadultered amorality got its start (I am pretty sure) with palma and my fantasy league.

If I don't think I am in the wrong, then YOU must be in the wrong. The new mantra. Seeds were sewn in my league.

I can say that this is a fun league and most all the owners are active. Last year was my first year and I look to be apart of this league for years to come.

Palma is probably still trying to convince us and himself that he did not have to pay for that team lol

For those who don't want to go back and search, Palma joined the league several years ago, the draft date and time didn't change. He told me he was busy but his $100 fee was in the mail or some such, and then had to miss the draft. At that point, he decided he didn't like his team and wanted to back out. Didn't understand the fuss the followed. Since he was fucking 15 owners, I tried to email him before the draft, after the draft and was ignored. I then tried to reach out to him here, ignored. Then I posted and all hell broke loose and Palma sheepishly owned up to what transpired but honestly didn't understand the indignation - thought I was some kind of freak show. The electronic tar and feathering compelled him to pay me then sell his team to someone else for $40.

Trump-esque IMO.

Thus, I now have two rules. Newbies have to pay 48 hours before the draft, everyone else before the draft. And no Palma.

When everyone is paid up, I release the draft order so owners can prepare and even trade picks.

I do still need one, folks. And would like to get that tied down this week. The draft is on Oct 12th, a Thursday, at 9:15PM, I believe.

Last edited:
I've been intrigued for a few years and I'll throw away $100 bucks this year if there is still room.

Might be late to the draft, but only by 10 or so minutes, if any.

Back