• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Credibile! (will reconsider if he sits Newman for another scrappy gym rat QB)

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
Either that or Wolford is garbage

Jimbo trusted his true freshman far more than Dave trusted his senior

Last edited:
I with OP on this. I love me some Dave but his balls shrank at the end big time.

I mean yeah the play calling on that drive inside the 10 sucked, but the entire rest of the game was pretty awesome. We put up great numbers against a really good defense. I’m at the point where I expect to win those games - we were the better team. Sucks.

I liked how he let the refs have it. I love Jim Grobe, but the man never said a word to the refs when we were getting jobbed.

Either that or Wolford is garbage

Jimbo trusted his true freshman far more than Dave trusted his senior

This. He was scared to death to give Wolford a shot to drive us down the field from our 10. If he doesn't trust a senior with 1000 starts under his belt, then why is that guy still our QB? I feel like I've watched this same game 100 times. Grobe coached the exact same way late in close games.

Jimbo trusting his freshman was arguably the dumbest coaching move of the night. He made one throw at the end, and was complete shit until then. Had Jimbo stuck to running the ball we wouldn't have even been in the game with a chance at the end. That said, we were better today and screwed ourselves. Playcslling before we punted and pretty much all night was shit. Can't complain about wolford really with the line getting blown up all day. He missed a few throws after he hurt his shoulder, but made a nice back shoulder fade throw that we missed. Even the bomb at the end was nice. This loss hurts.

Washington won the game last week and had his hands on the ball in the end zone at the end tonight. Conservative play calling killed us with special teams screw ups. Oh well.

Way too conservative on offense. The scheme for the running game stinks.

Could have stayed in the game on last possesion. Poor play calling cost us the game. I blame the OC. Defense played great btw

Our DL was fantastic. Outplayed their big boys badly.

Which was crazy since apparently we were 'out-athleted' all game long.

I agree. We are at home. Outplaying them in almost every way and you don't have the guts to try and win. I don't know how many Wake teams I have watched play for a close one at the end or I. This case for OT and come away holding our you know whats. Even Tommy Tuberville kept saying Wake you have to go for the win and Clawson just wouldn't do it. This loss I think is really on him.

I'm all in on Clawson, we're world's improved from when he first got here, but we should've thrown caution to the wind on the 2nd to last possession. Because of how far he's brought us in a few years I'll give him a pass, but sometimes you've just to be aggressive and either go win it or go down fighting.

Which was crazy since apparently we were 'out-athleted' all game long.

The only time we were "out-athleted" was on the kickoff teams. The long kick return hurt us, never did I feel otherwise they had a big edge in athletes on offense and defense.

Back