• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Credibile! (will reconsider if he sits Newman for another scrappy gym rat QB)

It has been a bad football team against Top 10 talent and FSU. IF it can get better healthwise and otherwise, it is possible that the team becomes a decent team that is hard to beat the rest of the way. Just don't need any more decisions to go for it on 4th and 8 on their 34 when you're up by 10 and can either kick or easily punt. No need to get that aggressive. 4th and a couple, okay, but not 5 plus yards to go and you're up by 10. Reckless usually produces a smart response from your opponent.

Defense has been bad every game regardless of opponents

Could someone email a question to Clawson radio show on Thursday night about his thoughts on slowing the offense down due to injuries/ lack of depth on defense?

It has been a bad football team against Top 10 talent and FSU. IF it can get better healthwise and otherwise, it is possible that the team becomes a decent team that is hard to beat the rest of the way. Just don't need any more decisions to go for it on 4th and 8 on their 34 when you're up by 10 and can either kick or easily punt. No need to get that aggressive. 4th and a couple, okay, but not 5 plus yards to go and you're up by 10. Reckless usually produces a smart response from your opponent.

Agree with point A. our 3 bad losses were against far superior talent. Even though FSU is down this year they still have 5 star talent across the board and are finally learning Willie's offense. I think the defense actually showed some bright spots against FSU, just need to put it together completely.

Disagree with point B. I think you should always go for it inside the 40 unless you have a punter that can consistently pin it inside the 10. Maggio hasn't showed that yet. More than half the time its a touchback and is a 15 yard difference. Love the aggressive play calling.

Could someone email a question to Clawson radio show on Thursday night about his thoughts on slowing the offense down due to injuries/ lack of depth on defense?

Asked him that very question last week and he gave an in-depth answer.

ON WITH THE STRUGGLES ON DEFENSE IF THERE’S BEEN THOUGHTS OF SLOWING DOWN THE OFFENSIVE PACE
Clawson: “Yeah, you think about it just because of where we are depth-wise.. . .

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...reviews-Florida-State--123414855/#123414855_8

I can but since the show is tonight I doubt we get an answer.

With this being a short week, I doubt it was just for appearances. It was the right thing to do.

I think I've posted this before, but this is just the kind of guy Clawson is. I have a friend who played football at Bowling Green for Clawson, and he was not an impact player so to speak. After he graduated Clawson would occasionally call him, almost out of the blue, for years afterward just to make sure he was adjusting to life after football. He was in DC randomly and remembered to check in with him and took him to dinner a couple years ago. Bunch of other players he knew had similar experiences. Remember his reaction to the Colbert slight? Dude is genuine, if nothing else.

I think I've posted this before, but this is just the kind of guy Clawson is. I have a friend who played football at Bowling Green for Clawson, and he was not an impact player so to speak. After he graduated Clawson would occasionally call him, almost out of the blue, for years afterward just to make sure he was adjusting to life after football. He was in DC randomly and remembered to check in with him and took him to dinner a couple years ago. Bunch of other players he knew had similar experiences. Remember his reaction to the Colbert slight? Dude is genuine, if nothing else.

Love hearing stories like this. Thanks.

Start Newman forever you stubborn dumb dumb

That being said, credibility has increased

The coaching job he did tonight was incredible.

Ever since the Sawvel firing, the defense has made incremental improvements and I would attribute that to 80% Of that to Clawson.

Oh, he seems to be good at coaching QBs.

The coaching job he did tonight was incredible.

Ever since the Sawvel firing, the defense has made incremental improvements and I would attribute that to 80% Of that to Clawson.

Oh, he seems to be good at coaching QBs.

All of this.

I would like to see Dave Cohen as our D coordinator next year.

Clawson made the adjustments he needed to make to allow Newman and the defense to succeed. Those changes were overdue, but at least he made them.

Doeren was utterly outcoached tonight by the Claws and a patch work defensive staff. Eat shit State. Wake fans criticizing Dave can go back to the Caldwell and late Grobe era's and see how those coach's would have handled this season...

Doeren was utterly outcoached tonight by the Claws and a patch work defensive staff. Eat shit State. Wake fans criticizing Dave can go back to the Caldwell and late Grobe era's and see how those coach's would have handled this season...

Yep. I posted on the Reddit game thread about Claw’s celebration on one of the incompletes being reminiscent of the VT/BC viral celebrations. It’s so nice to have an intense coach.

Back