• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KLEMPSUM: Keys to Victory

This. It will be full panic mode and flag-day if we were to seriously challenge the golden goose.

This. We'll need to overcome 3-4 really bad calls.

I'm still pissed about he raping that was put on us by the officials in '04 at DV.

Yeah, we were getting screwed at Death Valley when Clemson wasn't vying for national titles, there isn't enough KY on the planet to lube us up enough for the screw job we'd get if late in the game we actually had a chance for the upset Saturday.

Yeah, we were getting screwed at Death Valley when Clemson wasn't vying for national titles, there isn't enough KY on the planet to lube us up enough for the screw job we'd get if late in the game we actually had a chance for the upset Saturday.

Entirely too much money riding on Clemson and another natty for Wake to be the one to fuck everything up. It just ain't happening.

Time to get Hinton some series and see what he can do if our OC is going to play so conservative. We rarely throw down field with a bunch of runs mixed with quick outs. Not putting enough pressure on Ds. I personally believe this offense is better than a 20 pt./game offense even against great Ds. OL is solid, an All ACC TE, an All ACC frosh WR and some very good RBs along with some other talented and big skill position players. Should produce more than 20 points/game. Reality is we have only put 13 pts vs. BC (21 pts. were our Ds work), 3 pts. vs. ASU in 1st half with 20 total, and 19 pts. vs. FSU. Sorry but truly believe our offense should produce more than that. Granted Clemson might not be the game to do that as there D is super, but this is a game where we have to open up and test down field and see some trickery so we get some TDs and not settling for a bunch of FGs.

They say speed kills and we need to see some of that Hinton speed and see if we can't catch CU a little off guard.

Time to get Hinton some series and see what he can do if our OC is going to play so conservative. We rarely throw down field with a bunch of runs mixed with quick outs. Not putting enough pressure on Ds. I personally believe this offense is better than a 20 pt./game offense even against great Ds. OL is solid, an All ACC TE, an All ACC frosh WR and some very good RBs along with some other talented and big skill position players. Should produce more than 20 points/game. Reality is we have only put 13 pts vs. BC (21 pts. were our Ds work), 3 pts. vs. ASU in 1st half with 20 total, and 19 pts. vs. FSU. Sorry but truly believe our offense should produce more than that. Granted Clemson might not be the game to do that as there D is super, but this is a game where we have to open up and test down field and see some trickery so we get some TDs and not settling for a bunch of FGs.

They say speed kills and we need to see some of that Hinton speed and see if we can't catch CU a little off guard.

I completely disagree. I don't think at this point in their careers that Hinton is any faster than Wolford. He has more lateral quickness and is better at the "follow the back into the hole" type runs, but Wolford seems to have really improved at taking off after the first few reads aren't there. He is our leading rusher for a reason. If you consider his only turnover of the year wasn't his fault, I think it would be crazy to bench him.

We are 6th in the ACC in scoring at 34.0 ppg
Clemson is 7th at 33.7 ppg.

We are 6th in the ACC in scoring at 34.0 ppg
Clemson is 7th at 33.7 ppg.

And this, kids, is why protective gear should always be worn when handling statistics. :)

f9e.gif

I don’t think our defense gives up 50 points unless special teams sucks again and the offense turns it over a ton.

I don’t think our defense gives up 50 points unless special teams sucks again and the offense turns it over a ton.

If we keep playing steady, consistent ball like we have over the past couple of years we can hold them under 30. Their offense has explosive potential but is nowhere near as high octane as it was in '14 and '15. I'm not sure our offense can do much with their D though. Breaking 20 would be an accomplishment. If we can play loose, be aggressive on special teams, limit the mistakes, and take advantage of their mistakes we can stay in this game and have a chance in the 4th quarter. Definitely a plus that we got a noon kickoff.

We basically have nothing to lose so we need to let it all hang out. Beat those cow humping toothless inbreds.

It'll be a long day Saturday. The offense will struggle to get first downs and the D will be spending a lot of time on the field (except when Clemson scores quickly off big plays).

I hope the embarrassment is not too great and that we escape without major injuries.

Is Clemson’s D a lot better than FSU? I was slightly surprised at the offensive output against FSU so who knows what could happen Saturday? Clemson offense is sure as hell a lot better but I think our defense is really really good.

Bad spot for Clemson. Clemson is coming off playing 3 huge games in 4 weeks, and don't expect them to bring their best on Saturday (kind of like the BC/Clemson game when Clemson slept walked for 3 quarters). That said, also not a great spot for WF. Think the WF staff and the team really pointed to bring their best to the FSU game, and it will be tough to bounce back after losing that game in the last minute.

Clemson's defense is ridiculous. They have best D-line in college football by a wide-margin (if you get better my playing against the best, the OL should be better after playing FSU and Clemson back to back). Clemson's offense has not been great this year. 14 points against Auburn, 7 points against BC heading into the 4th quarter, they had only 14 first downs and 332 total yards against VT, but were helped by a pick 6. Even so, Clemson's D is so good, that defense scores are the norm (kind of like Bama has been for a few years).

For the game to be competitive, WF must force Clemson to drive the field (no turnovers and good special teams). Critical that WF special teams improve this week because if Clemson gets short fields, the game will get out of hand quickly.

Think the game will be low-scoring and close into the 2nd half with Clemson pulling away at the end.

Glad that WF will have its bye after this game.

Last edited:
If the Deacs win the turnover battle, we will win. #StoneColdLeadPipeLockOfTheCentury

Back