• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Proud of our fans

berneses

Reaction score
Our fans deserve a shout out for their support. I know there were some FSU fans there but Deacon Nation really came out to support the team.

I have been down on our students in their football attendance for years but they deserve a shout out too. They showed up, they were vocal, and for the most part stayed until the end.

Season ticket holder for 10 years, and that was as loud as I recall hearing our fans in the 4th quarter. Also seemed like there were a lot more "locals" at the game and in Wake gear; nice to see.

Football crowd was great!

But the 5,000 who showed up at the soccer game on Friday as the #2 Deacs beat the #6 Tigers in OT were just as impressive. Cannot imagine a better venue for college soccer. Stands were packed and the hill was rocking. Seemed to be a lot students and locals, too.

If WF starts winning some or wins a big game then the locals will come out and fill our size stadium. I think Clawson helps too.

Football crowd was great!

But the 5,000 who showed up at the soccer game on Friday as the #2 Deacs beat the #6 Tigers in OT were just as impressive. Cannot imagine a better venue for college soccer. Stands were packed and the hill was rocking. Seemed to be a lot students and locals, too.

If I recall right, Les Johns even commented on Twitter that it was the loudest he's heard it in a while. Also I am not a very big soccer fan but I wouldn't mind going to a Men's soccer game just to check it out.

Wake is still my favorite place to take in a local game. Being a Duke fan, I was pumped for going to the Miami game the night before and seeing the renovations for the first time. The renovations themselves were nice, but overall I just have grown to have such a disdain for Duke fans that they have damn near driven me to be a full fledged Deacon. the interaction I have at the games in Winston Salem with other fans is 100000%s better than anything I have ever experienced at Wally Wade.

Wake is still my favorite place to take in a local game. Being a Duke fan, I was pumped for going to the Miami game the night before and seeing the renovations for the first time. The renovations themselves were nice, but overall I just have grown to have such a disdain for Duke fans that they have damn near driven me to be a full fledged Deacon. the interaction I have at the games in Winston Salem with other fans is 100000%s better than anything I have ever experienced at Wally Wade.

good wears black

If I recall right, Les Johns even commented on Twitter that it was the loudest he's heard it in a while. Also I am not a very big soccer fan but I wouldn't mind going to a Men's soccer game just to check it out.

The soccer games are pretty fun to go to. That crowd on Friday was amazing and it was a great win too. Like others have said I can't imagine there's too many better places for college soccer than Wake.

Shot of the home-side crowd late in the 4th quarter.

IMG_3595-XL.jpg

Looks good, I say we do it again when the Louisville CheatersARDINALS come to town.

Not a bad view for Ayo. Especially with what appears to be perfect NC fall weather.

Back