• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Quick Notes on the FSU game

FSU made our special teams look like a poor high school team on kick-off coverage. If that happens again, I don't care who we are playing, the special teams coach should be relieved of his duties.

OTH, our DL made FSU's OL look weak. This is the best DL that I can remember. Of course, that impression may change on Saturday.

FSU made our special teams look like a poor high school team on kick-off coverage. If that happens again, I don't care who we are playing, the special teams coach should be relieved of his duties.

OTH, our DL made FSU's OL look weak. This is the best DL that I can remember. Of course, that impression may change on Saturday.

Lineburg has been coaching 20 years but only two as a special teams coordinator. Hired back in January. The special teams haven't been special so far.

Think some of those special teams ratings are impacted by Greg Dortch's numbers against Presby.

Despite a blocked punt against USU, WF's special teams have been fine heading into FSU (blocked FG against App; Weaver is perfect on FGs), but it's painful when special teams cost you a game when WF outplayed FSU from the line of scrimmage.

After wake scored their first TD to go up 12-3, we had all the momentum. The defense was pumped to get back on the field and we had a chance to break the game open. Instead, they give up an 80 yard kick return. Lot of mistakes in the second half, but this was the most critical point of the game imo.

I've also seen it said that it was the missed xtra point that sort of deflated our guys and boosted FSU resulting in the big runback. Fluctuating team morale can play a big part in these games.

I've also seen it said that it was the missed xtra point that sort of deflated our guys and boosted FSU resulting in the big runback. Fluctuating team morale can play a big part in these games.

I do think that took some of our momentum, but I think the kick return was more due to poor kick coverage since they'd already done that one, but fortunately it was called back.

If Weaver can't kick it through the end zone against a good return team like F$U, then just have him kick the damn thing out of bounds.

Problem solved. :thumbsup:

Back