• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vegas Shooting

i am not a firearms expert, but I have always been told that a knowledgeable person can buy or make the parts required to turn a semi-auto rifle into a full auto, or something close enough to full auto as to not make a difference (i.e. the bump firing). The solution is not to make doing so illegal. The solution is to make it much, much harder/impossible to get hold of the underlying weapon.

A knowledgeable person can also make a bomb out of readily available household chemicals. I don't know how easy it really is to change a semi-auto rifle to fully-auto - but if we can make it harder to do so (by changing the way they are made or making the parts needed illegal or making the act itself illegal, etc.) then we should do so. I am in favor of allowing people to own guns but think it should be as impossible as we can make it to obtain or make a fully-automatic weapon.

It seems backwards and profoundly unAmerican that we'd push to have airport-level harassment security in hotel lobbies and tall buildings before we'd just regulate or ban the dangerous object.

It seems backwards and profoundly unAmerican that we'd push to have airport-level harassment security in hotel lobbies and tall buildings before we'd just regulate or ban the dangerous object.

Your point being ?

Full employment program for all the unskilled workers about to be made obsolete by robots, though.

Full employment program for all the unskilled workers about to be made obsolete by robots, though.

Otherwise known as future shooters.

From the video I heard, I immediately thought it was a bump stock. I have been on a range a couple of times when someone was shooting a ful-auto gun and the sound is very different than what I heard in the video.

I also read it was a semi-converted to auto by the shooter. I have never heard that type of gun shot, so it could be that too.

i am not a firearms expert, but I have always been told that a knowledgeable person can buy or make the parts required to turn a semi-auto rifle into a full auto, or something close enough to full auto as to not make a difference (i.e. the bump firing). The solution is not to make doing so illegal. The solution is to make it much, much harder/impossible to get hold of the underlying weapon.
You can convert an AR-15 to full auto with a $50 kit ordered online. Tell me that's not fucked up. A few of my neighbors have them, and it sounds like nothing I've ever heard before. They're also the ones with a black powder cannon.

Is blood on England's hands for the Ariana Grande concert? What a ludicrous and fucked up thing to say
Man, I'm still waiting for the first intelligent thing to come out of your mouth. How do you maintain such an elite level of dumbassery?

Man, I'm still waiting for the first intelligent thing to come out of your mouth. How do you maintain such an elite level of dumbassery?

NC State education?

He was shot helping people during the Las Vegas shooting. His heroics helped his photo go viral.

He grabbed people and told them to follow him toward a handicapped parking area in the direction of the airport, away from Las Vegas Boulevard. It was a large field with several rows of vehicles. Smith and the others crouched down behind one of the last rows of cars.

“I got a few people out of there,” Smith said. “You could hear the shots. It sounded like it was coming from all over Las Vegas Boulevard.”

A few young girls weren’t fully hidden. He stood up and moved toward them to urge them to get on the ground. That’s when a bullet struck him in the neck.

Smith believes an off-duty San Diego police officer likely saved his life. The officer came over and tried to stop the bleeding and then flagged down passing cars to try to get Smith a ride. Many just drove by, but a pickup truck stopped and Smith was put in the back of it along with several other wounded victims. By then, he was struggling to breathe.

“I really didn’t want to die,” Smith recalled. The off-duty officer kept telling him he would be okay, just as he had said a few minutes earlier to other concertgoers.

cut and pasted and moved to politics board

Last edited:
Back