• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vegas Shooting

vadimivich

Reaction score
My FIL has lived there since the 50s, vadtoy went to HS there and spent a huge part of her life in the city.

It's an odd place, but I've grown to appreciate it and I'm absolutely gutted to see the news today.

I will be flying there next week, but with a far heavier heart than normal.

Holy crap, what an awful way to wake up on a Monday.

Direct family is ok, but vadtoy has a lot of friends in that area. Desperately hoping they were not at the festival or on the south end of the strip.

Myrtle Beach has a big Country Music Festival in the middle of a few hotels, just like this. Has been a (I thought irrational) fear of mine for a few years.

Awful. Terrorist scum. Who shoots people at a concert? Felt the same way when the Ariana Grande attack happened.

Absolutely horrible news. As the details continue to come out I fear that it will continue to get even worse. The video/cell phone videos are terrifying. Shooter had some serious firepower. Just terrifying.

Flying there in two weeks. Best friend's sister lives in LV. Don't think she's a country fan though. Hoping she's not among the dead/injured.

Have close friends that were there for that festival. They are fine but badly shaken.

How does on get automatic firearms into a Las Vegas Casio hotel? Are there no metal detectors on the hotel side? That sounds insane.

Have close friends that were there for that festival. They are fine but badly shaken.

How does on get automatic firearms into a Las Vegas Casio hotel? Are there no metal detectors on the hotel side? That sounds insane.

Nope.

Myrtle Beach has a big Country Music Festival in the middle of a few hotels, just like this. Has been a (I thought irrational) fear of mine for a few years.

Awful. Terrorist scum. Who shoots people at a concert? Felt the same way when the Ariana Grande attack happened.

The best meal of our trip was in Mandalay... crazy.

How does one get automatic firearms into a Las Vegas Casio hotel? Are there no metal detectors on the hotel side? That sounds insane.
This is the better question. From the videos and early reports, it definitely seems like he had a fully automatic weapon as you mentioned.

For all the debate and arguments over semi-auto weapons (one trigger pull, one shot), fully automatic weapons (fires until out of bullets/release trigger) are highly regulated and basically no one can own them.

This is the better question. From the videos and early reports, it definitely seems like he had a fully automatic weapon as you mentioned.

For all the debate and arguments over semi-auto weapons (one trigger pull, one shot), fully automatic weapons (fires until out of bullets/release trigger) are highly regulated and basically no one can own them.

all it takes is cash and a little patience with the us government's paperwork

I think he had an AR-15 modified with bump fire stock/trigger (legal, but makes it so the gun "bumps" back and forth off your finger to fire basically full auto) and drum magazines. Probably some form of bipod for extended, stable.prone firing.

You can buy all that legally and easily. And you can fucking murder many, many people with it in a very short period of time.

But the "freedom" to own a gun outweighs the freedom to go to a concert or just walk on a public street and not be murdered.

Have you ever checked into a hotel that had a metal detector, anywhere in the world ?

No. It is literally impossible for a private citizen to own a modern automatic weapon. Basically it's law enforcement, the military, and highly regulated gun ranges.

not sure if you're joking or not but there are plenty of full auto weapons for sale. anything pre-1986 is legal to own and operate

I think he had an AR-15 modified with bump fire stock/trigger (legal, but makes it so the gun "bumps" back and forth off your finger to fire basically full auto) and drum magazines. Probably some form of bipod for extended, stable.prone firing.

You can buy all that legally and easily. And you can fucking murder many, many people with it in a very short period of time.

But the "freedom" to own a gun outweighs the freedom to go to a concert or just walk on a public street and not be murdered.

Well we are going to restrict even more freedoms so we won't touch the freedom to buy and shoot lots of guns.

Yeah, anybody with $10K to $20K can get one pretty easily. You just can't buy a new one.

But but....Second amendment...Yeah

Definitely need this type of weapon for our militia

Back