• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

republicans: we care way, way more about a collection of cells than actual human beings

so what? doesn't mean jack shit if you come here and wring your thoughts and prayers hands every time this happens

I guess he should take your approach of sitting behind a computer screen and condescend to people on a message board. Really moves the needle on the meaningful shit gauge.

I read that WaPo article on the killer. Accountant who was pretty rich and mostly retired. Owned like 4-5 houses in NV, FL & TX, had 2 planes and used to hunt in AK for fun. Neighbors said he was unfriendly and rarely spoke to them, and his houses were spartanly furnished with nothing on the walls. Would go off to gamble in Vegas for days at a time. Had a long term girlfriend who is a small, Asian woman. His brother said he'd get texts from him saying that he'd won like $250K at the poker table - so a high stakes guy. Brother said he didn't know of any particular religious or political affiliation. Girlfriend was apparently out of the country when this happened. Maybe he had recently been on a long and frustrating losing streak? I'm guessing Aspergers as fuck.

The poker community is a small one, CNN mentioned Video Poker which is the loner's game. If he actually played serious poker there will be tons of info about the guy and if there were recent losses shortly.

I guess he should take your approach of sitting behind a computer screen and condescend to people on a message board. Really moves the needle on the meaningful shit gauge.

hey, i've donated my share of thoughts and prayers. a shame there's no way to stop these kinds of things from happening

FWIW, I'm all for restrictions on guns in general. Extremely strict background checks, taxes, ect. Would love to see it. Needs to happen now. But I believe that it's a mental health issue as well. Progress needs to be made on both fronts. There's many factors that play into this. Take this playable level from Call of Duty for example, that almost every 12-22 year old boy owned a few years ago. How the hell does this make it into a game? And how do we allow this to be okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NMnnMRWJ-0

Last edited:
I read that WaPo article on the killer. Accountant who was pretty rich and mostly retired. Owned like 4-5 houses in NV, FL & TX, had 2 planes and used to hunt in AK for fun. Neighbors said he was unfriendly and rarely spoke to them, and his houses were spartanly furnished with nothing on the walls. Would go off to gamble in Vegas for days at a time. Had a long term girlfriend who is a small, Asian woman. His brother said he'd get texts from him saying that he'd won like $250K at the poker table - so a high stakes guy. Brother said he didn't know of any particular religious or political affiliation. Girlfriend was apparently out of the country when this happened. Maybe he had recently been on a long and frustrating losing streak? I'm guessing Aspergers as fuck.

Pretty big leap to the last sentence.

I'd vote to repeal the 2nd amendment, but if we are talking about other possible solutions, this twitter thread seems kind of interesting. Basically cost internalization.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

You don't need to repeal it. Just interpret it more honestly and consider the times in which it was written (we had just rebelled from a tyrant king) and modern times. This guy had semi-automatic weapons that he likely converted to automatic, and by all accounts, was not part of a well regulated militia.

FWIW, I'm all for restrictions on guns in general. Extremely strict background checks, taxes, ect. Would love to see it. Needs to happen now. But I believe that it's a mental health issue as well. Progress needs to be made on both fronts. There's many factors that play into this. Take this playable level from Call of Duty for example, that almost every 12-22 year old boy owned a few years ago. How the hell does this make it into a game? And how do we allow this to be okay?

Couldn't get the youtube video to embed, tried two different videos

Also, he's not in the poker database so I imagine it more likely he was just a video poker loner, as reported by CNN. It's hard to have a huge downstreak in video poker.

So where is Obamagun? Did I miss it? Were all of these guns actually made illegal 8 years ago and we just haven't realized it?

Obama didn't do enough either. So hey, the time is now. Let's get this shit done. Seems like you're mostly in agreement, and you hardly agree with the masses here about anything.

Really only screamindemon3 here defending his handguns, plama trolling, risc talking about Bill Clinton, and DG3 anti-ITC posting. I don't see much disagreement.

IMO, bolt action hunting rifles and shotguns with reasonable capacities in. The rest out.

Help fund buybacks with taxes on ammo, new sales and transfers.

Apologies in advance if I upset any firearm enthusiasts/gun nuts with my imprecise terminology.

Last edited:
You're saying if you vote republican you are responsible for these mass murders? Even if you love. In a state with strict
Gun control laws and vote in your own state for a dem?

yep, you're partially responsible for a party and Congress that shills for the NRA and actively, tirelessly works to undermine and destroy existing firearm legislation and permanently block any meaningful conversation about changing the culture of this nation. This is a party that wrote into law that the Government is not allowed to fund the study of effects of guns in our culture.

Really? And FWIW, I don't intend to demean folks who are autistic or have Asperger's - I've never read that violence is associated with either condition. Just saying that in this case it appears he's somewhere on the spectrum.

This is all good. But if we're going to see changes we need responsible gun owners (like you, I guess) to speak up.

You're saying if you vote republican you are responsible for these mass murders? Even if you live In a state with strict
Gun control laws and vote in your own state for a dem?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

You don't need to repeal it. Just interpret it more honestly and consider the times in which it was written (we had just rebelled from a tyrant king) and modern times. This guy had semi-automatic weapons that he likely converted to automatic, and by all accounts, was not part of a well regulated militia.

These two posts seem related.

Where was his girlfriend (out of the country) Gambling addiction. Maybe someone was going to pay him to murder a lot of people? A guess. There have been a lot of attacks within the last week.

This is a pretty awful guess

Back