• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

You don't need to repeal it. Just interpret it more honestly and consider the times in which it was written (we had just rebelled from a tyrant king) and modern times. This guy had semi-automatic weapons that he likely converted to automatic, and by all accounts, was not part of a well regulated militia.

Yep, I always go back to Stephen's dissent in Heller, but Logue's solution is also a good one.

Here's the dissent by the way: https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZD.html

This is all good. But if we're going to see changes we need responsible gun owners (like you, I guess) to speak up.

I mean okay, what can I do? Stance on guns in like 9th or 10th on my list when casting a vote. And that's just because nothing is going to change on either side. I am not scared of anyone taking my guns. I'm also not scared of not being able to buy guns moving forward. I'd love to see a crackdown on the pre-purchase process but how do I assist with that?

A couple of things- people in Trump's circle still want to make silencers legal. There is no legitimate defensive use for a silencer. It's only purpose is to make it easier to hunt and kill someone.

Secondly, Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Trump will be going to Vegas on Wednesday. It took a very few hours to do that, but weeks to get to Puerto Rico. Makes you think...

Where was his girlfriend (out of the country) Gambling addiction. Maybe someone was going to pay him to murder a lot of people? A guess. There have been a lot of attacks within the last week.

Oh good ! A loony conspiracy theory !

I've accepted that our nation doesn't care how many people die because of guns. It's unfortunate but it's reality and there's no real political capital interested in changing this.

children killed at point blank range? nothing

Republican Congressman shot? nothing

country music fans killed en mass? ....

I mean okay, what can I do? Stance on guns in like 9th or 10th on my list when casting a vote. And that's just because nothing is going to change on either side. I am not scared of anyone taking my guns. I'm also not scared of not being able to buy guns moving forward. I'd love to see a crackdown on the pre-purchase process but how do I assist with that?

I don't know. I guess stance on guns will just have to be closer to the top of people's list going forward. Maybe if some politician sacks up -- like 2&2 said -- than we'll see something go before Congress. I kinda doubt it. That politician would probably be primaried immediately.

I don't know. I guess stance on guns will just have to be closer to the top of people's list going forward. Maybe if some politician sacks up -- like 2&2 said -- than we'll see something go before Congress. I kinda doubt it. That politician would probably be primaried immediately.

and just like that there would be >500,000,000 guns in the U.S.

The free market responds to the gun industry's excellent work today.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gun-maker-stocks-surge-after-mass-shooting-in-las-vegas-2017-10-02

[h=1]Gun-maker stocks rally after mass shooting in Las Vegas[/h]
[h=2]Smith & Wesson parent American Outdoor shares jump nearly 4% in midday trade[/h]
Shares of gun makers rallied Monday, in the wake of what has been described as the deadliest mass shooting on U.S. soil.
Smith & Wesson parent American Outdoor Brands Corp.’s stock AOBC, +3.67% jumped 3.8% in midday trade toward a three-week high, Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. shares RGR, +4.04% climbed 3.9% and Vista Outdoor Inc. shares VSTO, +2.62% ran up 3.0% toward a 6-week high.
Read: More than 50 killed in mass shooting at Las Vegas concert.
Analysts say the regulatory environment is among the biggest drivers of demand for guns, as fears of tighter regulation have boosted gun sales and share prices in the past. Since President Trump was elected, however, fears of tighter regulations have faded and share prices have dropped.
See also: Smith & Wesson’s stock drops as Trump’s surprise win saps demand.
American Outdoor’s stock had tumbled 46% since the election through Friday, and closed at a 2 ½-year low of $13.31 as recently as Sept. 11. Sturm, Ruger shares had shed 20% since the election, and had also hit a roughly 2 ½-year low in September. Vista Outdoor’s stock, which hit a record low in April, had plunged 40% since the election.

Investors betting that new calls for gun regulation will give the gun industry the boost that the NRA's incendiary videos could not.

You don't think Dem majorities in all three branches of government would lead to meaningful gun reform? That seems hard to believe.

You don't think Dem majorities in all three branches of government would lead to meaningful gun reform? That seems hard to believe.

Not all hard to believe with the NRA having 9 figures at their disposal to beat those who vote against them.

There won't be meaningful federal gun reform until there is campaign finance reform.

The politicians that want to save lives with gun control don't give a shit about abortions. The politicians that don't give a fuck about guns are crazy with abortion and want regulations that wouldn't even save the mothers in certain situations. It's almost like the two party system is shit

IMO, bolt action hunting rifles and shotguns with reasonable capacities in. The rest out.

Help fund buybacks with taxes on ammo, new sales and transfers.

Apologies in advance if I upset any firearm enthusiasts/gun nuts with my imprecise terminology.

Bolt action has a capacity of one. For your future reference.

Was this not close enough? Obama did nothing

"During the first two years of Obama’s Presidency, Democrats held the legislative and executive branches but still faced a 5–4 conservative majority on the Supreme Court. But 2 of those conservatives were fairly moderate, leading to narrow rulings in favor of preserving Obamacare and legalizing gay marriage, for example."

Back