• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

children killed at point blank range? nothing

Republican Congressman shot? nothing

country music fans killed en mass? ....

The tribute songs coming out of this are going to be huge.

Investors betting that new calls for gun regulation will give the gun industry the boost that the NRA's incendiary videos could not.

Why would the NRA push back their ads if they have nothing to do with gun violence?

The rebuttal argument of America doesn't have too many guns, America has too many crazy people is absurd. If we have a mental health problem, then we don't need so many fucking guns.

Well said.

All major Vegas properties should have the same rule that the Wynn properties do - No weapons on property. If you are at a Wynn property, leave your guns at home. This applies to off-duty cops (who can put them in safes) or those who are attending gun shows/conventions.

You have the right to keep and bear arms, but private property owners also have the right to ban weapons on their property.

I bet if Caesar's, MGM Properties, etc., took this stance it would pay off in higher profits.

Any of those friends could kill someone today with their guns. None of them are going to kill anyone with their video games.

Banning "violent" video games is about #179 on the list of effective solutions.

But again, those who have handguns for self protection aren't know much for their logic and/or sound reasoning.

Bless your heart

At the Battle of Mons, the first major engagement of WWI, the Germans advanced against the best and most experienced regiments of the British Expeditionary Force. The Brits had few machine guns, but were so well-drilled in firing their bolt-action Lee-Enfields that the Germans thought they were encountering fire from massed machine gun batteries.

I am deeply sympathetic to this view, but it's been litigated already and failed. I can't imagine courts ever reversing course. (If they did, though, I'd want to hold Big Pharma liable for opioids too.)

There's a difference between the guns and the conversion kits.

There's no excuse for gun manufacturers not making their weapons un-convertible. for this, they should be at civilly liable.

I mean I know literally dozens of friends that own guns and have never killed anyone? Two can play that game. My argument was we normalize and champion media that glorifies exactly what we're all trying to prevent and no one wants to even mention it when looking for solutions.

If we are going to increase regulation on free speech in the interest of public safety I'd put hate speech above portrayals of violence in various forms of media.

At the Battle of Mons, the first major engagement of WWI, the Germans advanced against the best and most experienced regiments of the British Expeditionary Force. The Brits had few machine guns, but were so well-drilled in firing their bolt-action Lee-Enfields that the Germans thought they were encountering fire from massed machine gun batteries.

this was what I was thinking about

All major Vegas properties should have the same rule that the Wynn properties do - No weapons on property. If you are at a Wynn property, leave your guns at home. This applies to off-duty cops (who can put them in safes) or those who are attending gun shows/conventions.

You have the right to keep and bear arms, but private property owners also have the right to ban weapons on their property.

I bet if Caesar's, MGM Properties, etc., took this stance it would pay off in higher profits.

I'll set the over under at Wednesday before they all adopt the same policy. And I'm taking the under.

Just watched a video.

Didn't sound like full auto.
Appeared to be .223 from what I heard.

Prayers for the victims.

Last edited:
Agreed. Just responding to the assertion that Dems had control over all three branches of government under Obama.

As to gun control legislation prior to 2010, I imagine they didn't have the votes and healthcare was a higher priority.

Again, are you suggesting that if Dems had 2/3 of each chamber and a liberal SC they wouldn't pass comprehensive gun control?

Yes. The makeup of the SC doesn't matter for legislation purposes. They had the Presidency and the majority of Congress for two fucking years and, as far as I know, didn't even attempt any comprehensive gun control. They didn't know they had healthcare votes until they tried to push it through, why didn't they do the same for gun control? It's not like they can only do one at a time, they had 2 years to do something and didn't do jack. To be fair, Trump has had much less time with his majority than Obama had with his. Both parties are cowards and are too easily paid off.

10 weapons in a 32d floor room with all that ammo. Evil planning this.

I question people who are more afraid of ISIS than a guy like this.

Help fund buybacks with taxes on ammo, new sales and transfers.

I realize that my opinion may be unpopular on this forum, but how exactly do "buybacks" actually help? First, the government can't buy back something they never owned. Second, most of the weapons are turned in by the very people that are potential targets of gun violence, leaving them without a way to defend themselves. Criminals aren't turning these guns in- it's little old ladies that don't want their deceased husband's gun in the house because they never learned how to properly handle or shoot it. And they turn it in for a fraction of what it is worth (with some exceptions). Gun "buybacks" are nothing but wastes of tax dollars that make local politicians feel good without actually doing anything productive.

Perhaps a better option is for the local police to offer to train the public to properly use a firearm, learn good gun safety, and respect the power that it represents so the everybody won't be so crazy when the see one. And if they still don't want a gun in the house, let dealers come from outside the city, where gun violence isn't an issue, and buy them at fair market value.

There's nothing evil about a gun. It is a tool that can be used for evil or good, depending on who is using it.

2&2 is right, I'm sure Donald will use this as an impetus to lead and insure that the GOP-led Congress passes a gun control measure.

Not ISIS. There are people more afraid of a random Muslim person than a guy with 10 rifles in a hotel room.

Ron Burgundy, "good" is typically debatable especially since often that good could be done without a gun.

I realize that my opinion may be unpopular on this forum, but how exactly do "buybacks" actually help? First, the government can't buy back something they never owned. Second, most of the weapons are turned in by the very people that are potential targets of gun violence, leaving them without a way to defend themselves. Criminals aren't turning these guns in- it's little old ladies that don't want their deceased husband's gun in the house because they never learned how to properly handle or shoot it. And they turn it in for a fraction of what it is worth (with some exceptions). Gun "buybacks" are nothing but wastes of tax dollars that make local politicians feel good without actually doing anything productive.

Perhaps a better option is for the local police to offer to train the public to properly use a firearm, learn good gun safety, and respect the power that it represents so the everybody won't be so crazy when the see one. And if they still don't want a gun in the house, let dealers come from outside the city, where gun violence isn't an issue, and buy them at fair market value.

There's nothing evil about a gun. It is a tool that can be used for evil or good, depending on who is using it.

Yeah with some training, I'm sure last night someone in the crowd would have picked off the 32nd floor shooter with a handgun they brought for protection.

Back