• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

I think at this point it should be illegal for a regular citizen to be able to conceal carry, and there needs to be much stricter regualatuobs on hand gun and assault rifle sales. I own a semi auto hunting rifle, but it is starting to seem very selfish to peruse a hobby that enables other people to be brutally murdered.

You've obviously never seen me hit driver.

Is it legal for me to own a working tank? Doesn't it fit the second amendment criteria? Well armed militia, protect my family, sport shooting... I mean, target firing with a tank sounds WAY more fun than with a .22.

And if I need to take up arms against this government or an invading one...I want a tank.

This argument sounds insane, but in today's climate drone technology will have to wrestle with some of these issues.

I think it's silly to assume someone who is mentally stable with a gun will remain mentally stable with a gun. Power corrupts and the power to kill can definitely corrupt.

I’m a big Murphy fan. What Democrats should do is just protest on the senate floor indefinitely. Do anything that is a legislative action or on behalf of congress. It’s just sad

I think it's silly to assume someone who is mentally stable with a gun will remain mentally stable with a gun. Power corrupts and the power to kill can definitely corrupt.

I have a gun and haven't killed anyone.

Could have said the same about Paddock until he pulled the trigger.

Plenty of gun owners don't and won't kill. But we can't assume someone without a gun who seems fine will still be fine after getting one.

And when are we going to ask why mass shooters are almost always men?

Is it legal for me to own a working tank? Doesn't it fit the second amendment criteria? Well armed militia, protect my family, sport shooting... I mean, target firing with a tank sounds WAY more fun than with a .22.

And if I need to take up arms against this government or an invading one...I want a tank.

In theory, yes, I think you should be able to buy a tank. However, it is so cost-prohibitive, it isn't a viable option for most regular citizens, and certainly not me. It may be more "fun" as you say it would be, but way too expensive for anyone on an average income. But, the second amendment is there to protect the people from government taking away their natural rights. Taking away gun rights and the people's right to defend themselves always leads to government overreach and less freedom. A well-armed citizenry is a backstop to prevent the feds from going too far.

There's a reason that all of these mass shootings occur in areas where no guns area allowed (I realize that armed citizens in the LV case probably wouldn't have mattered, but most of the others it could have). People that can't fight back make easy targets.

Most "common sense" gun control proposals are just politicians' attempts at using emotion and sympathy to bring more and more tyranny to this country and that their solutions will result in more victims and more death, allowing more opportunity for government to seize power.

Also, the 2A has nothing to do with sport or hunting. The Constitution was written at a time where the people needed the same firepower as the British government to defend themselves against a tyrannical government. People that claim to believe in the second amendment and the own a gun for hunting, but would support someone else's rights be taken away, really are lying- they follow a Animal Farm approach to gun rights- that their rights are more important than the other guy's.

In theory, yes, I think you should be able to buy a tank. However, it is so cost-prohibitive, it isn't a viable option for most regular citizens, and certainly not me. It may be more "fun" as you say it would be, but way too expensive for anyone on an average income. But, the second amendment is there to protect the people from government taking away their natural rights. Taking away gun rights and the people's right to defend themselves always leads to government overreach and less freedom. A well-armed citizenry is a backstop to prevent the feds from going too far.

There's a reason that all of these mass shootings occur in areas where no guns area allowed (I realize that armed citizens in the LV case probably wouldn't have mattered, but most of the others it could have). People that can't fight back make easy targets.

Most "common sense" gun control proposals are just politicians' attempts at using emotion and sympathy to bring more and more tyranny to this country and that their solutions will result in more victims and more death, allowing more opportunity for government to seize power.

Also, the 2A has nothing to do with sport or hunting. The Constitution was written at a time where the people needed the same firepower as the British government to defend themselves against a tyrannical government. People that claim to believe in the second amendment and the own a gun for hunting, but would support someone else's rights be taken away, really are lying- they follow a Animal Farm approach to gun rights- that their rights are more important than the other guy's.

Well this parody jumped the shark quickly.

Local police kill gun carriers all the time. How do you figure having a gun helped protect them from government taking their rights?

Geez. That's a horrible thing to say.

Mass shootings are just put on earth by God to refill the thoughts and prayers jar when it gets too low.

They found something that is an explosive material.

This guy is your fun loving normal retired friendly fisherman, pilot, accountant, gambler, who's moved
40 times who's family says he's just a guy who hangs out.

He has a stockpile of weapons in his home and sets up in a hotel for 4 days and methodically plans a mass shooting building platforms at two different locations in his suite. and has the capability to shoot 500 people.

His f/b account says nothing. His girlfriend is a traveler who's f/b account talks about her grand kids.

Fishy BS. Hope the FBI finds the truth.

Seems fishy something like this hasn't happened 100 times before

I don't think it's a stretch though that most in the media and on the boards secretly feel the same way. She got fired for saying what most are thinking to be honest.

So you have to imagine that people who don't hold back their feelings on a private message board are holding back so you can claim victim status. Good job good effort. Thoughts and prayers.

Meanwhile, how many conservative preachers say hurricanes and mass shootings are God punishing the gays or NFL players or whatever?

Back