• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

Statement from a performer at the concert last night:

--------
I’ve been a proponent of the 2nd amendment my entire life.

Until the events of last night. I cannot express how wrong I was. We actually have members of our crew with CHL licenses and legal firearms on the bus.

They were useless.

We couldn’t touch them for fear police might think that we were part of the massacre and shoot us. A small group (or one man) laid waste to a city with dedicated, fearless police officers, desperately trying to help, because of access to an insane amount of fire power.

Enough is enough.

Writing my parents and the love of my life a goodbye last night and a living will because I felt like I wasn’t going to live through the night was enough for me to realize that this is completely and totally out of hand. These rounds were powerful enough that my crew guys just standing in a close proximity of a victim shot by this fucking coward received shrapnel wounds.

We need gun control RIGHT. NOW.

My biggest regret is that I stubbornly didn’t realize it until my brothers on the road and myself were threatened by it.

We are unbelievably fortunate not to be among the number of victims killed or seriously wounded by this maniac.
--------

I appreciate his sentiment but I really don't understand why these thoughts only crossed his mind when he was personally impacted by this tragedy.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017...t-caleb-keeter-las-vegas-shooting-gun-control

So you have to imagine that people who don't hold back their feelings on a private message board are holding back so you can claim victim status. Good job good effort. Thoughts and prayers.

Meanwhile, how many conservative preachers say hurricanes and mass shootings are God punishing the gays or NFL players or whatever?

Yeah they're are shitty conservatives like they're are shitty liberals good point PH. Not sure how I am claiming victim status however.

Last edited:
Statement from a performer at the concert last night:

--------
I’ve been a proponent of the 2nd amendment my entire life.

Until the events of last night. I cannot express how wrong I was. We actually have members of our crew with CHL licenses and legal firearms on the bus.

They were useless.

We couldn’t touch them for fear police might think that we were part of the massacre and shoot us. A small group (or one man) laid waste to a city with dedicated, fearless police officers, desperately trying to help, because of access to an insane amount of fire power.

Enough is enough.

Writing my parents and the love of my life a goodbye last night and a living will because I felt like I wasn’t going to live through the night was enough for me to realize that this is completely and totally out of hand. These rounds were powerful enough that my crew guys just standing in a close proximity of a victim shot by this fucking coward received shrapnel wounds.

We need gun control RIGHT. NOW.

My biggest regret is that I stubbornly didn’t realize it until my brothers on the road and myself were threatened by it.

We are unbelievably fortunate not to be among the number of victims killed or seriously wounded by this maniac.
--------

I appreciate his sentiment but I really don't understand why these thoughts only crossed his mind when he was personally impacted by this tragedy.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017...t-caleb-keeter-las-vegas-shooting-gun-control

It's how humans work. Most people only think that it happens to other people, not them. Once it happens to them, it's an incredibly eye-opening experience.

I guess. It's not that hard to look at so many of these mass shootings with the least bit of empathy and intelligence and conclude that having a gun makes you a potential target for the police.

They found something that is an explosive material.

This guy is your fun loving normal retired friendly fisherman, pilot, accountant, gambler, who's moved
40 times who's family says he's just a guy who hangs out.

He has a stockpile of weapons in his home and sets up in a hotel for 4 days and methodically plans a mass shooting building platforms at two different locations in his suite. and has the capability to shoot 500 people.

His f/b account says nothing. His girlfriend is a traveler who's f/b account talks about her grand kids.

Fishy BS. Hope the FBI finds the truth.

What exactly are you insinuating?

I think I know, but I would like for you to clarify for me so I am not mistaken.

I don't think anyone here celebrates anyone getting shot or shot at.

I think and hope that many here and elsewhere would celebrate a changing of minds and culture that might lead to better gun control, less guns in less hands, less gun violence, etc.

Seems like he ran outta ammo. Went on for 15 minutes of shooting, but they didn't blow open the door for a little over an hour.

❄️. It's true and has been all but openly stated previously in this thread, and by a prominent figure in American media.

Which prominent figure in American media?

https://nyti.ms/2fLz6Oz

Really good op-ed by former Congressman Steve Israel. Sad, but true.

Meh, the NRA has 4 million members, or like 1% of the population. They don't have that much power, people are just pussies, or not terribly imaginative.

Reshape the narrative to protecting black lives and you gain 2 black votes for every redneck you lose.

Last edited:
Meh, the NRA has 4 million members, or like 1% of the population. They don't have that much power, people are just pussies, or not terribly imaginative.

Reshape the narrative to protecting black lives and you gain 2 black votes for every redneck you lose.

Yes. Great advice for those from districts in Montana, western Illinois, Iowa, or New Hampshire.

Come on, dude...

Yes. Great advice for those from districts in Montana, western Illinois, Iowa, or New Hampshire.

Come on, dude...

I'm guessing you come up with a couple billion dollars and you can pay enough people to take a 2 year vacation and win you montanas 2 senate seats

3/10 troll

Step 1: buy land for cheap. Step 2: build a super city. Step 3: transplant some workers who can work remotely

And you control the country right quick. The Chinese build cities out of thin air all the time

Back