• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

I'm pretty sure risc would be political AF if the shooter was Muslim or an illegal immigrant. But it's an OWG, so we shouldn't be political.

Excuse me??? Look up Colin Ferguson. I had a mass shooting on the LIRR .5 miles from my home on my train that me and my family take to work IN MY HOME TOWN. My family and friends were on that train and WERE murdered. Got that Pal.

I had 9/11 where My family and my friends were murdered.

That satisfy you. SHUV IT.

So you agree with vad.

Friend in the program had a sister who lost friends - the narrative of texts is horrifying - she watched the people she cared about get hit in the neck/head and crumple. Was in the area closest to the Bay.

Friend in the program had a sister who lost friends - the narrative of texts is horrifying - she watched the people she cared about get hit in the neck/head and crumple. Was in the area closest to the Bay.

Wow. Just horrible.

Excuse me??? Look up Colin Ferguson. I had a mass shooting on the LIRR .5 miles from my home on my train that me and my family take to work IN MY HOME TOWN. My family and friends were on that train and WERE murdered. Got that Pal.

I had 9/11 where My family and my friends were murdered.

That satisfy you. SHUV IT.
So you had mass murder touch your own life and still couldn't bring yourself to try and stop future occurances? How many more mothers and friends and fathers and daughters have to get murdered before you give a shit (and I don't mean "thoughts and prayers" meaningless platitudes).

I have deep family ties to LV and you better believe I'll do my damned best to make sure nobody has to go through what my wife has today. People shouldn't have to live like this.

So you had mass murder touch your own life and still couldn't bring yourself to try and stop future occurances? How many more mothers and friends and fathers and daughters have to get murdered before you give a shit (and I don't mean "thoughts and prayers" meaningless platitudes).

I have deep family ties to LV and you better believe I'll do my damned best to make sure nobody has to go through what my wife has today. People shouldn't have to live like this.

Look up Colin Ferguson and 9/11. She cares about stopping the blacks and Muslims. The guns are cool though.

Enough is enough. Shooting an AR15, or similar weapon, isn't any harder than shooting an air rifle. The first time I ever shot one, the ease and power seriously scared me, despite having come from a military/hunting family with lots of guns. No one outside of the military or law enforcement should be able to own them.

Terrorism requires some sort of political motivation. It's hard to imagine killing that many people without the murderer trying to bring about some kind of change as his motivation.

This, but at this point we don't have that information as of yet. I think by definition terrorism is the use of violence against a civilian population to further a particular political goal. And I'm not seeing the political purpose. Just flipping out, being angry at the world and not liking country music isn't sufficient.

Not that it matters. It's yet another horrific gun tragedy, and ain't nothing changing our gun laws. If you live in Spain or the UK and want to kill a bunch of random folks, you see these guys using knives and vehicles because there it's difficult to find a handgun, much less an automatic weapon.

If we can't unite against gun violence, we can never be united.

Paddock's brother speaks. Some additional info.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...iew-eric-worst-american-history-a7978791.html

Mr Paddock also said his now-deceased brother was "not an avid gun guy at all".
The New York Times
has reported he was known to Las Vegas police, but only for a routine traffic violation. He was not known to the Mesquite police at all, according to Quinn Averett, a spokesman for the Mesquite police.
Mr Paddock had over ten rifles in his hotel room, where he had reportedly checked in three or four days ago, according to Sheriff Joseph Lombardo.
Police are set to search Mr Paddock's residence as well.

Police questioned a women believed to be a companion of Mr Paddock's, Marlilou Danley, but have since cleared her of any involvement in the shooting.

Mr Paddock's alleged motive is unknown as well as whether there were any other people involved in the planning and commission of this heinous crime.

Eric said Mr Paddock was fond of gambling and country music, but had no real "religious affiliation, no political affiliation."
"The fact that he had those kinds of weapons is just ... where the hell did he get automatic weapons? He has no military background or anything like that," he added, speaking to CBS News in Orlando, Florida.
"He was just a guy...he snapped or something."

The idea that you are "known to police" for a routine traffic violation is a ridiculous overrepresentation.

It's like saying someone is known by the State Department of Public Instruction for being late to class.

Last edited:
I don't understand the point of the POTUS talking about these shootings any more. What good does that do, he has no power to make any meaningful change.

That should be handled by Congressional wimps with Wayne LaPierre doing the talking since he owns them all.

I don't understand the point of the POTUS talking about these shootings any more. What good does that do, he has no power to make any meaningful change.

That should be handled by Congressional wimps with Wayne LaPierre doing the talking since he owns them all.

Helps people ignore the problem.

Truly horrific.

Just breaks my heart.

You have zero clue what I've done for 25 years since LIRR mass shooting.
You've voted to keep the NRA's stranglehold on our Congress. I don't need to know anything else you do related to this topic, because there's nothing else that matters.

It's harsh, but it's true.

The broken record over and over and over again.

Maybe the guy was a lib who hates redneck country folks.

Enough please.

I would still be angry at the NRA for working to make it easier for him to obtain tools for murder. What's your point?

Back