• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

The broken record over and over and over again.

Maybe the guy was a lib who hates redneck country folks.

Enough please.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.

But he definitely should not have had such easy access to such firepower. Can we agree on that?

Enough please.

Or maybe he thought he was shooting at Muslim tourists hanging out next to that abominable Muslim shrine, The Luxor.

Enough please.
He was a guy who has access to a fucking military platoons worth of weaponry which he was easily able to transport and use to murder large numbers of people.

I give 0 fucks what his ideology was - we have drug dealers and terrorists and crazy racists and angry husbands and gangsters and mentally ill kids committing mass murders.

What do they all have in common? Easy access to military grade firearms.

He was a guy who has access to a fucking military platoons worth of weaponry which he was easily able to transport and use to murder large numbers of people.

I give 0 fucks what his ideology was - we have drug dealers and terrorists and crazy racists and angry husbands and gangsters and mentally ill kids committing mass murders.

This.

Enough please.

It doesn't matter what the political affiliation of the shooter is. It's irrefutable that one political party has been a consistent impediment to meaningful gun control legislation. And you have consistently voted for that party, so forgive us if we find that your cries to not bring politics into this discussion are not coming from a position of altruism.

This x 100000

As a nation, we clearly cannot handle access to this weaponry. The experiment failed. Pull the fucking (assault and hand)guns now.

I agree. I hate guns guns guns. Hate them.
So which policy on the Trump platform inspired your vote? Tax reform? Repeal and replace ObamaCare? Drain the Swamp? Grab 'em by the pussy?

Trump has the unique power to sway opinion on this. Coming from the (R), we could make real progress. Alas, he has neither the moral compass nor the motivation to actually lead in this way.

Trump has the unique power to sway opinion on this. Coming from the (R), we could make real progress. Alas, he has neither the moral compass nor the motivation to actually lead in this way.

The rubes would care a great deal if he spoke out in favor of gun control.

Trump has little to no influence over Congress. And his 30% base is going to go down clutching their guns, come hell or high water. Add in the fact that whoever is advising him and writing his speeches has less than zero interest in even talking about gun control.

Putting any hope in Trump is a fools errand.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.

But he definitely should not have had such easy access to such firepower. Can we agree on that?

If the weapons that he had were truly fully automatic sub machine guns, then I don't think it is safe to assume that he had easy access to them. Which makes this all the more strange.

Ban guns

Buy them back and destroy them

Disarm the police

Scale back the military

If the weapons that he had were truly fully automatic sub machine guns, then I don't think it is safe to assume that he had easy access to them. Which makes this all the more strange.

Easy access to semi-automatic rifles + easy access to conversion kits = easy access to automatic rifles.

No matter how you look at it, our current laws are inadequate to stop this happening again today tomorrow or next week.

Trump has little to no influence over Congress. And his 30% base is going to go down clutching their guns, come hell or high water. Add in the fact that whoever is advising him and writing his speeches has less than zero interest in even talking about gun control.

Putting any hope in Trump is a fools errand.

Totally agree, but the right person in power on the Republican side could help to break the stalatemate on this. I don't know if that party has a single member that would be willing to put the country over their party, however.

Totally agree, but the right person in power on the Republican side could help to break the stalatemate on this. I don't know if that party has a single member that would be willing to put the country over their party, however.

McCain at times.

sounds like a good plan

there are >350,000,000 guns in the U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-child-and-then-some/?utm_term=.4cc79ead162c

it's gonna take a while to get them all

obviously the longer the wait, the longer it will take to reel in the increasing supply

i don't understand why we expect this to happen over night. it's fine if it takes years to weed guns out of the population. that's why restricting and banning transfers is a good start.

Getting rid of uncompetitive gerrymandered districts would do so much good for this country. There are plenty of folks sick of this happening, time for their votes to actually matter.

Back