• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Slaughter in vegas

I'm surprised it took this long before bump stocks were involved in a huge national travesty to be honest. I knew things like that existed but i didn't know how cheap and effective they were.

My thoughts...

1. Seriously, look up existing laws before you post. Otherwise, you look like a dumbass.

2. Registration has always led to confiscation. Learn some history.

3. Holding firearms owners and NRA members responsible for the Vegas thing is just dumb. Using that logic, every single one of you who owns cars and consumes alcohol, but not necessarily at the same time, is on the hook for offing 20K of the nation every year. That is your RJ logic.

4. Look up the 60/40 vote for universal background checks in WA state. It was not the rate RJ always states. Also look up how it is not enforced.

5. Look up the non compliance rate in CT regarding their "assault weapon" law. Also look up how the state police balked at going door to door.

Seriously, do a little more research before posting.

Firearms owners like me do not like being told that laws should change to make us felons when we have done nothing to warrant that. I think most of you would agree...

My thoughts...

1. Seriously, look up existing laws before you post. Otherwise, you look like a dumbass.

3. Holding firearms owners and NRA members responsible for the Vegas thing is just dumb. Using that logic, every single one of you who owns cars and consumes alcohol, but not necessarily at the same time, is on the hook for offing 20K of the nation every year. That is your RJ logic.

4. Look up the 60/40 vote for universal background checks in WA state. It was not the rate RJ always states. Also look up how it is not enforced.

5. Look up the non compliance rate in CT regarding their "assault weapon" law. Also look up how the state police balked at going door to door.

Firearms owners like me do not like being told that laws should change to make us felons when we have done nothing to warrant that. I think most of you would agree...

Re #3: gun nuts love this argument, but fail to realize that guns are designed to harm other creatures (and in the case of handguns, specifically humans). Booze and cars are not. And how many toddlers kill their parents with cars each year? Lotta people getting drunk and then killing 10, 20, 50 people in a pop?

Not to mention that we have laws against drinking and driving because we know it may lead to death.

I'd be happy to treat guns like we treat cars and alcohol.

My thoughts...

How many other countries have constitutions that have amendments like ours? How many other countries have the number of guns in the public's hands we do? How many of those countries have as much open land and needs for guns in rural areas as we do?

He must be feeling pangs of conscience if he has to go out of his way to insult me rather than discuss the issue.

60/40 is a big electoral victory in the US in a statewide election. The law has been in place for less than two years. Changing 150+ years of action in wide open state takes time. Using his logic, the fact that every murder and rape aren't charged and convicted we should take those laws off the books.

elkman is losing it. The more senseless killings the more irrational he gets.

Last edited:
The family of an HB victim has sued a range of companies from Mandalay Bay, the concert company, the company that produced the bump stock, the gun manufacturer and others. Their claim against Mandalay Bay is that they should have known about the guns and watched him. They took over ten minutes to get to the room to stop him. They said the concert company didn't provide enough exits. Regarding the bump stock company, the allegation is that their product was designed to intentionally allow people to break federal law. The gun company is going to be harder, but maybe they will find a court where the design of the guns will get changed.

It's likely that Mandalay Bay and the concert company will settle. I hope they put the bump stock company out of business.

What the fuck people?

Last edited:
"Registration has always led to confiscation."

Link please.

We register cars and they've never been confiscated.

you can't fail a class if you never register for it

C_cEBYXXkAE28rK.jpg

What the fuck people?

For me, this is everything that is wrong with politics. An entire industry has been built to feed this type of conspiracy/fear/hate. I struggle to understand how so many buy in to it.

For me, this is everything that is wrong with politics. An entire industry has been built to feed this type of conspiracy/fear/hate. I struggle to understand how so many buy in to it.

Holy cow, there are really people that think the Vegas shooting was fake? Those people have to be the absolute dumbest people on the planet. If they are making these comments on Facebook, then we know who they are. They need to be rounded up , told "don't worry, this is just fake", and then shot in the head with real bullets. If you are making death threats to survivors of that tragedy, then you are not worthy of being a human.

Back