• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should Louisville be kicked out of the ACC?

Deaconblue

Reaction score
With the latest scandal of paying for players, added to all the rest of the shady stuff already known about Louisville and its athletic department, should the ACC presidents take a long, hard look at whether or not Louisville is living up to its obligations as a member of the ACC?

Yes and so should UNC whose violations make L'ville look like amateurs.

I think they should, but they know that sets a precedent they don't want. We can live without Louisville but the ACC is worried about what happens if the other shoe drops and Duke/UNC are the next to face similar allegations. They don't want to, nor will they, kick them out.

They won't, but they should. Before you were born people didn't think the ACC could survive without South Carolina. It did.

Does a zebra have stripes?

Kick them to the curb along with Cheater Hill and go back to round robin bball and full fb schedules. :cool:

Take their scholarships, gut their program and make them play all sports with walk-ons. Then at least every other ACC team would be guaranteed at least one win every year.

They won't, but they should. Before you were born people didn't think the ACC could survive without South Carolina. It did.
I don't think many folks thought the ACC would fail to survive without South Carolina. Most people knew it was a bad move for USC. They tried a couple of times to get back into the ACC in the 1970s, couldn't work out the details and then Georgia Tech took the vacant spot.

Roy Williams exhibit one in an 18 year cheating conspiracy and Pitino gets fired. Difference between the NCAA and The FBI I guess.

Roy Williams exhibit one in an 18 year cheating conspiracy and Pitino gets fired. Difference between the NCAA and The FBI I guess.

Did I see Roy Williams had a comment on this whole FBI probe? Glass house buddy, I just wish the FBI, and not the NCAA was handling the UNC situation.

I'm thinking this criminal stuff is going to give the NCAA some coverage to do something about the cheaters in Chapel Hill

I'm thinking this criminal stuff is going to give the NCAA some coverage to do something about the cheaters in Chapel Hill

They're going to wind up in court whatever they do, so they might as well bring the hammer down on them hard.

Take their scholarships, gut their program and make them play all sports with walk-ons. Then at least every other ACC team would be guaranteed at least one win every year.

This. Fuck 'em. They never should have been allowed in. Maybe if the ACC punishes them badly enough, they will leave.

This. Fuck 'em. They never should have been allowed in. Maybe if the ACC punishes them badly enough, they will leave.

They won't leave. They like (and need) the ACC money. What other P5 conference would take them?

Back