• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Charlotte Hornets Offseason Thread - Biz back, Monk out, stocking up on TP

Only the Hawks but good win last night without Batum, Cody, MKG, and MCW after getting down 20 in the first with a brutal lineup of I believe Stone-Monk-Graham-Frank-O'Bryant

Howard put up strong numbers against the Hawks, we'll see how he does tonight. Kemba set him up well, but dude talks a ton while out there.

Tank just took the ball from beyond the arc, beat his man, and hammered a dunk. Wild.

Difference in that game was just Giannis getting the superstar treatment for the refs. Sucks

Shouldve got Frank a look from deep in the last three mins. Was feeling it

Yeah Marv needs to be put out to pasture. His last minute and a half of the game were awful: blow the layup after a beautiful interior pass from Howard while cutting to the hoop, then miss an open 3, both of which I think would have given us the lead.

Tough loss of a winnable game, without MKG, Zeller, and obviously Batum. Howard is an absolute monster inside, nobody can contain him. But, the free throw shooting is a repeated nutpunch. They just can't have him in there at the end of a close game. And I think Kemba is having trouble figuring out how to play with him. This team should be pretty good at full strength if Clifford can sort out the rotations. I thought he kept the Just Hang On lineup of Monk, Graham, Bacon, Frank, and O'Bryant out there about 2 minutes too long against the Bucks' starters in the 4th, and it really cost them.

Monk is really having trouble playing the lead guard, it is obviously affecting his shot. I know he claims to have always played PG other than last year, but maybe Calipari knew what he was doing by moving him off the ball to concentrate on scoring. But MCW is out with "both knees", whatever the fuck that means, so not much other option other than Marcus Paige unless they trust Bacon to be a primary ball handler.

Frank and Monk coming out hot in the first half...

Dawight with 15 and 19 last night, also managed a 7-for-11 free throw performance.

Marvin is a dead man walking, he's so out of place on a starting NBA roster. That needs to change quickly, he's been getting progressively worse each year.

Dwight has been a beast, exactly what this team needs.

Frank the Tank is ballin out right now, he's playing at a much higher level this year compared to his first two seasons.

If we can get Nic back and Zeller can play at least 15 games this year (ha ha) then this team has the making for some postseason fun.

Agreed. Frank is playing out of his mind right now. If he can keep it up and Monk gets consistent, watch out.

They said on the broadcast the other night that Dwight is the only player other than Barkley since 1985 to start the season with 4 straight games of 15+ rebounds. That is crazy. They said Barkley finished at 5 games, I could see Dwight easily reaching 5 tonight against the Rockets who will hoist at every opportunity.

I think cliff is a good coach overall, but my god every year his rotations are atrocious

He just pissed the game away last night with his rotations. Especially when missing some key guys, you have to shorten the bench minutes against a good/great team. You can't roll out the same rotations against the Rockets that you do against the Nuggets.

We never recovered last night from his dumbass call of sitting Kemba and Dwight for 12 consecutive minutes. Just like against the bucks. Honestly kinda out on the dude at this point. Beating good teams usually comes down to the fine margins and he consistently fails at the details. like Anderson and Gordon being wide fucking open every single 3 even when harden wasn't on the court and they had zero other viable offensive options

Looked good last night with Zeller back against the Magic as Kemba went for 34 and 10 assists. Rolled them early and never really got in too much trouble. Dwight is playing at an All-Star level, nobody has an answer for him. He also seems to really enjoy playing with this team on the court, hopefully he can keep it up.

One thing that has gone largely unnoticed, Lamb is averaging 17.2/4.8/3.3 so far this year, basically double his career averages. He has been a huge boost as Monk struggles with consistency.

monk is deep in the weeds early in his career. game is way too fast for him right now, esp with him now trying to play PG.

kemba, dawight, and lamb are playing great. frank has been very good this year when playing too. and i like we tried zeller and dawight together in crunch time yesterday when game started to tighten...nice defensive wrench to throw.

Hornets are pretty good when Kemba is on the court. The problem is that they've pretty much been a disaster when Kemba sits.

They can fake it for a while against mediocre teams, but get in big trouble on offense keeping up with good teams. I think Batum will help with that somewhat, but they need MCW, however bad he may be, to get on the court and provide a body at PG to move Monk off the ball.

Wednesday will be interesting at home against the Bucks. Giannis just killed them last week, maybe having MKG will help slow him down.

really nice win in memphis on segababa tonight. played great in the 4th. kemba playing the best he's ever played right now.

Back