• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Charlotte Hornets Offseason Thread - Biz back, Monk out, stocking up on TP

I think we’re about to blow it up. Kemba is next and we’ll have a shit ton of money coming off the books with two top 5 picks after two years

So why would you take on an extra year of an albatross contract? If you want to tank, you keep Dwight and let his contract expire, or hold him to the trade deadline in the hopes of getting a first rounder. If you think he is the on-court difference between tanking and not, then you stick him on the bench. This is not a trade about tanking, it is just a fucking awful trade.
What's it matter if Mozgov is on the books for 2 years vs. Dwight's 1 year? You're looking to suck as much as possible and not trying to land any free agents for the next few years. You're gonna trade Kemba and all of your other highest paid players next, and you'll have to get to the cap floor with a bunch of guys on rookie deals anyways, so who gives a shit about Mozgov? Dwight may be the difference between the 6th pick and the 2nd pick.

You're entering into a mini version of The Process. Have fun, 2&2.

I will say though that the 2019 draft class looks like it blows goats.

Crazy to say that when you have no idea who will be good the day of the draft let alone now.

I think the strategy is to draft Crawford and Moore.

The Hornets, Bobcats, or both?

I became a huge fan as a kid watching Baron Davis, David Wesley, Mashburn, etc. When the Bobcats came back I wanted to like them and I wanted them to be good. Call it shallow, but the re-branding as the Hornets made me a fan again. The incompetence is painful.

The Hornets are now allegedly the first team in NBA history with a roster containing four 7-foot white guys - Mozgov, Zeller, Kaminsky, and Hernangomez. That seems like a recipe for success.

I became a huge fan as a kid watching Baron Davis, David Wesley, Mashburn, etc. When the Bobcats came back I wanted to like them and I wanted them to be good. Call it shallow, but the re-branding as the Hornets made me a fan again. The incompetence is painful.

this is where i am

grew up outside of charlotte, HUGE fan growing up. even loved the teams with kenny anderson, glen rice, eddie jones, derrick coleman, vlade, etc.

Has any team that Dwight Howard went to won more games with him than they did the previous season without him?

He always has productive numbers but does not help W's. Not really sure why.

Back